Ch. 50

[Liz's POV]
While I try and search myself for answers, the problem comes and sits by me. Everyone is sort of sitting down for dinner now, and I still don't know what the heck I'll be eating. I'll probably eat anything so I guess it doesn't matter.
"Hi." Ben smiles as I turn my head to look at him. Instead of answering I hit my head against the table repeatedly, not caring if other things stare at me. I just don't care anymore. "Hey, don't do that." He puts his hand where my forehead was hitting the table to stop me. I growl at him, not in the mood to argue where people can watch.
"Ben I'm sure your just suffering from reciprocal liking, it will go away when I don't like you anymore." I state softly, resting my head on his hand. But that gets uncomfortable so I lift my head and drag his hand down so I can play with it under the table. He doesn't seem to mind my strange behavior, and I don't look at anyone else.
[Ben's POV]
She's so complicated sometimes. She says she's trying to get over herself, but then she plays with my hand under the table. I like it though, that her impulses get the best of her. Nurse ANN rushes between the table and the kitchen bringing plates with food in for everyone. It looks edible, some aren't so appealing in looks, and I disregard what it could be and just eat. Liz on the other hand, grabbed her fork but seems spaced out. It doesn't look like she'll be back for a while, so I rub her leg to make her snap back to reality. It works after a minute or so, and she purrs lightly as she begins to eat. I take this as an invitation to continue, and I do just that.
Elizabeth, being a quick eater is done before I am and wordlessly gets up, washes her dishes, and walks upstairs. I finish shortly thereafter, and follow suit.
"I just don't care anymore. Screw sedatives I'll just leave the light on if that's ok." I hear her tell who I assume is Masky. I turn the corner and find that psycho, Habit ruffling her hair.
"At's a girl. How about we do something tomorrow, little rabbit?"
"Something outside?"
"Why not?"
"Awesome!" She does a little jump. I roll my bloody eyes and turn into my room. I don't care to see them together. And she sure as hell won't be going with him into the woods alone.
[Time skip: Midnight]
I wake up with a dry throat in the middle of the night. I sigh, laying in bed for a few moments longer before standing up, turning on the light, and walking to my door so I can get water from the kitchen. I open the door to find Liz standing in the hallway before Masky's door, holding her fist up like she's about to knock. Instead she sighs and stares at his door before flinching as my door creaks.
"So, uh, whatcha doin'?" I whisper.
"Thanks to you are your buddies, I can't sleep dumbass. And I get anxiety about knocking on doors at night. Or more likely making noise when it's quiet." I crack a smile.
"So you have nightmares?" She lowly growls as she pulls her blanket around we shoulders.
"Yes. Happy now?" She asks, seemingly embarrassed to have nightmares at age 13.
"Would it be better to sleep in my room?" I offer quietly.
"No." She hisses, but follows me back to my room. "What is that?" She points to the endoskeleton.
"A robot."
"I hope that isn't for me. I'm not that narcissistic." She laughs.
"Oops." Is all I can say.
She scoffs and curls up on the floor, even after I offer her the bed. I smile and shake my head, the water forgotten and get back in bed,leaving the light on for her.