Ch. 28

"Did you guys know blood is like eggs? You can use them in baking and shit." I bestow this random knoledge on my friends, then take a sip from my bottle even though they don't think it's blood.

"Why would you know this?"

"Because I know everything."

"But WHY- you know what, nevermind. Were talking about the egg drop." Tom facepalms.

I think for a moment before gasping out; "I have an idea! Guys, guys oh my god!" I flail my arms and laugh like a retarded seal.

"Oh god, if Liz has an idea it's going to be fucking terrible." Tom facepalms again.

"Nonono! Hear me out... I go up there... And jump."

It takes them a few moments to realize I'm talking about the eggs inside of my uterus, but once they figure out the joke they go ballistic.

"That's so fucking brilliant! Oh my god." We all laugh together.

"We're so fucking retarded."

"This is why I'm single."

We tell jokes, and just generally hang out together until the bell rings.

As we enter the science classroom i feel something... off. I dismiss it and sit down. In science class we get the assignment I've been waiting all year for. The flour baby project. You have a ten point sack of flower, dress it up like a baby, and carry it around for a week while trying to be a good parent. You call the school in the middle of the night and leave a voicemail on how you baby is doing.

"Alright, this project starts Monday next week so you have till then to decide of you want a partner or not. They must be in eighth grade though, no seventh graders." Ms. Cirreli, the science teacher, explains. Everyone lets out a collective sigh, everyone except me.

For whatever reason, I've always wanted to do this. I want a little kid, preferably a boy, to call me mommy and for me to care for. I want to watch them grow up, and catch them doing things they shouldn't do, like drugs... Then probably do it with them. That's the one good thing about being a girl, I get the baby.

We spend the rest of science talking about the baby project, and watching a science movie. We cross the hall to math class and take notes on linear an nonlinear functions until lunch time.

Once then bell rings most people file out of Mr. Heerens room and go do their normal lunch break activities. But because my grades are "non desirable" I stay in, and try to make up my grades. I sigh, grab a computer, and turn it on to try and complete a current event for history. I take out a paper and search "current events" into google, not bothering to put on music yet. I click on a link to CNN and open a new tab for music. Before I can play something though, the laptop black screens for a second before reopening in a new tab. Clever-bot. Of corse I couldn't just do my work without Ben coming to confuse me. First I shove in my ear buds, so if it makes noise it won't broadcast it to the whole classroom of failing students. I try in vain to close the tab, and as expected it stays up.
"Trying to get rid of me already Elizabeth?" It types.
"Yea, I have work to do right now. Can we not?"
"Well no... I like this."
"What? Making me fail my classes because I CAN'T WORK?"
"No, I like to hear what your thinking. Your response to your new project was... Unexpected to say the least."
"What does that mean?" I type angrily.
"You don't remember that weird feeling you got, do you? When The Operator was cornering you?"
"Oh great, that's what that was?" I try and go though every thought I had during science, and sigh with relief that none of them I really care about. Only the child of my own am I a bit pissed about them having.
"There we go! Now about kids, I want a girl."
I close the whole computer down, logging out of my account and placing it back it the computer box without even typing a reply. The bell rings to justify me, and I gather my stuff and leave.