Ch. 4

We jump off the bus and I do a few spins. He is really giving me a chance! My friend Tom sees us and smiles making his way over. He doesn't know. I play it off like nothing's changed. We walk into math, seeing that we have block periods today. It's over in a flash and I run over to science, where Lauren and Gus are. Lauren runs out and gives Tom a hug, they are dating after all. Then she whispers something in his ear an he looks at me.
"Liz, I have something to tell you about Gus!" He yells.
"Let me tell her!" Lauren pleads.
I'm scared, what is it?
"Gus changed his mind. He doesn't want to try the trial period." My heart breaks again.
"Oh, alright then." I say hesitantly.
Gus walks out and I make an effort not to be mad. Being mad is always my "go to" emotion. "Come on guys we got everyone together now."
Gus and I start avoiding each other. Sitting on opposite sides of the group. Then we all mill around at lunch. Tom comes up behind me.
"Yo, wadup?" I ask.
"Just,... let this happen." He grabs my hands and tries to push my toward Gus, a few feet away.
"Guys? Guys no. He said no, ok?" I try to run out of Tom's grasp but he won't let me go. I force my weight to the left but I get turned back towards Gus. He stands as watches as I try to force myself backwards. I give up, letting my body go limp on Tom's arms. "Gus, please back away." I say kindly. Before he can move, Tom shoves me and I fall onto him. I straighten myself before I fall and turn to Tom. "You asshole! What the fuck man?" I yell at him. Tom turns to me, a smile across his lips.
"I'm just going to keep doing that until you guys scissor."
"Dick." I mumble. "That's never going to happen, soo..." I tell him. The bell cuts off any reply and I dash to my next class. I sit through Makers and TA until the bell rings.
Then I make my way to the bus and sit wherever there is room. I end up getting my own row next to Lauren and Tom. Kaitlynn is behind me and I don't know where Gus is. I look out my window and try to forget about today.
Something flashes by. Then again. I look hard at it as the bus wheezes to a stop about 5 feet away. There's a little boy... Wearing a green hoodie? It looks out of place, and utterly creepy. "Your not real." I mumble. I look at it again, it's still there. "Your not real." I repeat. When it doesn't disappear I huff and turn away. After a minute I look back and see it again. Now I'm really going crazy. Must be my broken heart, I laugh to myself. Now I'm just being dramatic. Kaitlynn and Lauren get off at their stop, mine is next.
"Dude come over to my house! I'll text your dad and tell him the bus missed your stop!" Tom shouts to me over the noise of the bus.
"Nah man I'll get in trouble." I laugh.
"I'll never stop asking!" He laughs insanely. "Never!"
"Alright weirdo. Bye." I jump up and off the bus, running to my house. Once inside I flop down on my bed. "I'm such an idiot!" I moan into my pillow.
"Well, you could say that." Something says behind me. Quickly I shoot up grabbing a pair of scissors as my weapon. I swing them up at the intruders face. It's the little boy from before!
"Your not real." I tell it. He's leaning on my wall hands in pockets head down eyes closed.
"That's what everyone says! Then they say: I'm not ready to die!" He scoffs and raises his head. His eyes are still closed. "I bet you know who I am."
"Should I?" I ask.
"Maybe now." He opens his eyes, revealing deep black pits with a dot of red in the middle. It looks like blood. It looks just like... Ben Drowned.
"Heh, now I know your not real." I state. "CreepyPastas are stories and nothing more."
"Are you sure about that?"