Ch. 32

[A/N: this one is going to be extra long because feels. Mwaha. I think you might like this one Lilly]
"You know half of this is just to make you mad, right?" I teasingly ask Ben as I take a whiff of the new thing on my plate.
[Ben's POV]
"Yes, and it really grids my gears." I growl.
How can he do this to her? She is so humanly clean and pure, why is he trying to bring her to our level of scumbag killers? What could this ever accomplish besides ruining her perfectness. She doesn't have to be one of us to be around us, and Masky knows that.
"Masky can we have a word?" I try to politely ask. By now, Elizabeth is nibbling on the edge of the organ, mumbling about the difference in flavor.
"Why not?" Masky laughs. We walk into the other room and a put my hands on my hips, swinging around to face him.
"What the hell are you trying to do? She doesn't need to eat that, I don't want her to, and it's bad for her." I whisper reverently.
"I'm doing you a favor, you should watch her progress like I am. I know what I'm doing, and it's not harming her. What will hurt is if she acts out because your stopping us."
"I don't care, she's fine the way she is." I growl.
"The way she is right now is eating a kidney. I'm glad that's fine with you." Masky looks into the kitchen for a second before mocking me.
"You know what the hell I mean. Will you stop before you turn her for good?" I hiss at Masky.
"Not a chance." Masky walks away and back to Elizabeth, taking her empty plate away, and washing it in the sink.
"Oh I think Ben is just sulking in the other room." I hear Masky say loudly. He must be trying to get my attention.
[Liz's POV]
"Oh I think Ben is just sulking in the other room." Tim says loudly, pointing to where Ben is crossing his arms in the next room.
Normally, I wouldn't. But I can't help myself, even though I know I'll probably regret it afterwards. I always cause my own downfall.
"That sucks, I was looking forward to being with him for a while." Tim and I burst out in giggles. We stop for a moment, look at Ben who has turned his back to us, and giggle some more.
"Oh god, do it again." Tim whispers to me though laughing fits. I smile and nod before laughing again.
"I mean, who wouldn't want to be around him? I think he's great."
Tim and I turn into hyenas, laughing together in a crazy party of two. Ben huffs and starts walking away.
"She's not lying Ben." Masky hollers. Ben waves it off and keeps walking, but before I can stop myself-
"Masky!" I whine. "What the hell man, I wasn't ready!"
[Ben's POV]
"Masky, what the hell man, I wasn't ready." I stop. She wouldn't say that unless...
But maybe she's just trying to make it real. An elaborate scheme to make fun of me. And if she's not? I turn around and walk back to the kitchen. There I see Elizabeth repeatedly slapping Masky's chest.
"I think I just won't deal with this right now. When Slenderman get here and your ready to go he can take you back to when you have to be home. Take as long as you need." I rub my temples as I walk away again, but a quiet sob stops me.
"I told you he would hate me!"
"He doesn't hate you, I promise."
"God damn you." I hiss to myself. I creep back and hide out of sight, so I can listen to their conversation.
"Everyone hates me, so why wouldn't he?"
"Don't cry, I'm sure he feels the same way."
"I'm not crying! Crying is for weak babies who can't deal with anything! I'm not weak!" Elizabeth's voice cracks when she says that. Then again barely audible. "I'm not weak."
"Of course not. That's why you going to find him and tell him your ready to go home. Just talk to him."
"He's going to hate me and I can't stand to have people hate me Tim. There's no winning! When people tell people I like them I'm being weak but if I tell anyone they end up hating me. Like Kevin, and. And, and-"
"Gustavo?" Tim guesses.
"Oh no. Nonono. You can't hurt him! Please no!" She jumps up off the counter and runs up the stairs. "Ben don't hurt him!"
Why would I hurt Gus, the little shy boy? I don't see any logical reason behind her words, but I can hear her footsteps running around, and her voice pleading me not to hurt him.
A while later she comes back down to Masky, who has been waiting patiently for her to return.
"I don't know where he is and I don't know how I feel about that. On one hand I can't see him hate me but what if he's already tracking him down?" She paces the floor.
"That's ridiculous, he wouldn't do either of those things. Come on I'll get him." Masky starts walking over to where I've been hiding. Not this time Masky! I try and sneakily dash away but he grabs me. "Come on man." He starts dragging me towards Elizabeth.