Ch. 3

(Elizabeth's POV)
I feel likes something is watching me. I turn to my closet to find a little girl, her head at an impossible angle,staring up at me. She makes a sound like death itself that comes from her gaping jaws. My breath becomes choppy and I choke for a second before squeaking out something to the little girl.
"Y-your not r-real." She nods at me, if that's even possible, and disappears, taking her noise with her. I shiver under my covers whimpering until the dawn shines through my window.
I jump out of bed an shove on some cloths, never mind if they match. Then I shove some snacks into my backpack as a lunch. I grab my house key on my way through the door. Then I stop, not only because I feel like I'm being watched (that happens all the time now), but because I remember today I've been dared to ask out my crush. A squeak escapes me, half in fear half in glee. I stand at the bus stop, my heart suffocating me as it jumps into my throat.
"Good morning, sunshine!" Barbra, our bus driver beams at me.
"Morning!" I sing as I jump down the isle. My friends, Kaitlynn and Lauren, are sitting together in the last row, we always sit here. I jump into the seat ahead of them, shoving my things on the floor ahead of me. I turn so I can lay my legs across the seat and swivel my head towards my friends.
"Hey, by the way, thanks for completely fucking me over." I sarcastically thank them. Kaitlynn pays no attention, she's watching anime on her phone. Lauren looks up at me and smiles.
"I bet Gus is going to be fucking you when you dazzle him with your skills."
"Oh my GOD! There is SO many things wrong with that! First, I know he's going to say no. Second, we would never. Third, I'm being delusional! I couldn't sleep because I know he's going to hate me. It's all your guys fault." I pout. My heart thumps in my chest like I just ran a marathon. I grab my iPod and put it on shuffle play. God damn it phone! I do not need Cascada singing about what hurts the most!
I let it play though, and curl up in a ball as I wait for my life to come crashing down. I mumble the lyrics to myself as Lauren tries to tell me I'll be fine.
I feel the bus seat move, squeak, and shut my eyes tighter as I know Gus has sat down beside me. I bite my cheek and unfurl myself. "Guys please don't watch me." I plead at Kaitlynn and Lauren. They nod, but watch me anyway. I hiss and turn to Gus. His eyes show confusion and I try to save this moment. This is where my heart is going to break. "Gus,... I really really like you. I have no clue why but I really just want to be a little more than friends. If you don't want to I hope we can still be friends. Can I be your girlfriend?" I shoot out. Then I shut my eyes and rock myself, waiting for an answer. When a few seconds of silence pass I mumble "You don't have to answer if you don't want to." I curl into a ball as I try to grab onto my life, that has seemingly shattered all around me. I desperately want to play it off like it was a joke or something but I can't if I'm stuck in this ball of fear. My breathing gets faster and Kaitlynn taps me on the shoulder. I look up at her blinking away the one tear that started to form. I never cry. She shows me a note on her phone. It reads. ONE WEEK TRIAL PERIOD.
She wants us to try a trial period? It could work. I grab her phone and type my name, essentially signing it. Gus takes a look and signs it too. Is he really giving me a chance? Then I grab the phone once again and type ".3." Before erasing it quickly. Lauren and Kaitlynn see, and they smile at me.
[A/N: this actually happened and now I'm sad cause he rejected me. :P]