Ch. 15

I check the time to my dismay, it's only eleven. That means I have four more hours here.

"Heads up!" I snap my neck around to find something flying through the air at me. Awe fuck, I think to myself as I raise my hands to catch whatever it is. Something wet squishy and cold hits my hands and I fumble to keep it in my hands. I look down and almost barf, why would Ben through a heart at me? It looks an awful lot like a human heart.

Maskie, Ben, and Toby are laughing at my disgust. I hiss at them while they try to regain their composure. Oh yea? Going to through hearts at me? Why am I going to do this? It is NOT a good idea. But I guess it will give them a shock.

Holding the organ in my hand, I walk closer to the trio of killers.

"Oh yea? Oh yea?" My voice gets a gets louder as I stair at them, probably psychotically. Then, almost to myself, "Oh, yes." I bring the heart up to my face and smell it. It smells bloody. I close my eyes, there's no way I could do this with my eyes open. It's not an organ, it's an apple, it's something else. I try not to focus on it as I take a bite. It tastes rich and the blood a bit metallic. It's actually not that bad, I could cook it up like chicken with some fresh green beans, maybe some sort of wine sauce.

"I'm going to get a disease from this aren't I?" I ask as I swallow, looking down at the bite mark I left.

"Why would you... God, the hell is wrong with you?"

"What, you threw it at me! What the hell am I going to do?" I argue.

"How about, oh I don't know, not eat it?"

"At least I know I won't go hungry if you kidnap me. Now what the hell do I do with this?"

"I'm sure someone around here will do something with it. Just put it in the fridge."

I do as Ben asks and put it back. How do they even have power here? Some questions don't have to be answered.

"Now that that's happened how about we walk home and by the time were done it will be time for me to be home. Sound like a plan?"

"Well, that be a hell if a lot of walking because these woods are in another dimension, right on top of yours."

"Then how the hell did I get here!"

"Duh, Ben brought you."

"Don't remind me." I sigh and lean against the wall. I am never doing this again.

"Look who's home!" Maskie turns to the door expectantly.

"Oh no." I mumble to myself. My head hurts and I feel my strength being crippled. "It's not."

"It is! Your worst nightmare!" Someone laughs as a monster flickers in front of me steadily coming closer and closer. How is he so fast? How is he so tall? Why is he wearing a suit? Why am I not running away right now?! I whimper and back into a corner, looking around for something, anything, to protect myself with. Looks like I'm out of luck.

"Well fuck me, why am I such a wise mouth? Why did I think this was a good idea? I'm insane, utterly insane." I feel like I'm all alone with this monstrosity. Even if Ben and Tim and Toby are sitting around taking to each other like nothing's happened.

I shove my hand into my pocket, where I remember I put the pills Tim gave me. After a few seconds of panicked twisting, the lid pops off and I pour a few pills onto my hand. I put them in my mouth and swallow as best I can with a parched mouth. The taste is metallic and hard, but has the affect I was hoping for. My vision clears up and I can see this thing properly. It stops and a few tentacles slide out from behind it, like their attached to its back. This is no doubt the Operator.