Ch. 37

[Tim/Masky's POV]
The attendant hesitantly leads me to a wing on the left side of the building. She takes a key from her pocket and unlocks a door, presumably to the infants department. I walk in and look down at each little bundle. All of them so small and helpless. So tantalizingly defenseless. I look at the array of pink and blue bundles, searching for the perfect solution. I pass by a girl, who can be no older than a few months. It's sad that the parents abandoned it.
"This one. What's her name?" I whisper, careful not to wake the sleeping children.
"That is Luna. If you want to adopt her your going to have to come back later sir. I have to lock up for the night and keep watch on the 3-5's.
"Alright. Keep little Luna here away from other parents, I'll be coming back. Can you give me the paperwork now and I'll turn it in when I come back?" We walk back toward the front desk.
"That is impossible. You will have to adopt her before other suitors come. It's first come first serve, with obviously the welfare of the child coming into play."
Quickly I pin her against the wall with my knife against her throat.
"Listen here: Luna will be coming home with me. I'm willing to come back later if that's more convenient for you, but she will not be shown to other parents. You got that?" I stare down at her with contempt and she hastily nods. I let her go, and she straightens her shirt.
"Good luck with filling out the paper work." She scoffs. "If anyone is a danger to the child she will not go into your custody."
"I know. And thank you." I grab the fairly sized stack of papers the receptionist hands me. Then I walk outside and find my way back.
[Timeskip till he gets back]
"Go to hell, murderer!" That must be Elizabeth. I run up the stairs to my room as fast as I can and see something very inconvenient. Elizabeth has her back to the wall, holding a small pocket knife in front of her, while the Operator has Ben in the air by one of his tentacles and is slowly creeping closer. Elizabeth looks like she's being crippled by the Operators power, and she's struggling to stay upright. Suddenly she faints, leaving Ben to struggle out of Slendermans grip to get to her unconscious body. I run to her as well, and make sure she's alive before turning to Ben.
"What the fuck happened!" I scream.
"I knew you were gone so I was going to try and talk to her when Slender showed up. I don't know why but he grabbed me and started doing the mind thing to her." He yells back. I hold my temples and sigh. How could I have left her alone?
"Hey, you. Can you take her home to when she left?" I ask Slenderman, still palming my head. He indicates a no and I look up at him so swiftly my neck pops. "What do you mean no? We can't keep her here!"
"Yes we can." Ben interjects. "Jeff and I have been doing a thing."
I sigh. "What sort of thing?" I grab Elizabeth's body and hold it against my chest as Ben leads me to another room at the end of the hall.
"Well, I know she likes blue and the sunset so we made this." He opens the door to an room with only a bed in the corner. The walls are covered with different shades of blue and on the farthest wall is a sunset made out if paint swatches. I must admit, it looks nice enough. I set Elizabeth on the bed and usher Ben out, closing the door behind him. He protests a bit but stops after I tell him I'm just going to make her comfortable.