Ch. 23

I can't deal with rejection. Gus destroyed my mental health. The other people I've had crushes on we're way out of my league, so it wasn't to bad. It still hurt though. Gus was the most intense feeling of like I've ever had, and although I would kill to be with him, I don't think it will work out.

He's shy and adorable. I think I need someone to match my intensity. Although if I was dating someone who matched my intensity we could probably dare ourselves to do something stupid, like getting pregnant. And that would suck. Although later on I do want a baby.

"Alright, knock on the door." I snap out of my thoughts to find that we're in front of a door. It's not very special, just a few blood spatters and messy drawings, like a little kid defaced it. I hesitantly knock on the door.

"What?" I hear from the other side.

"I'm back. And I have something to say to you." I call.

It takes a few seconds but the door swings open and Tim steps out. His mask is handing around his neck.

"Hi, Elizabeth. Did you like my presents?" He ruffles my hair. I really like Tim, he's like the older brother I never had.

"So it WAS you. And yea I loved it." I give him a big hug, my head reaching the lower part of his chest.

"No more hurting yourself, alright?" He prompts. I assume he means my tattered lips, I don't cut or anything.

"Woah woah woah! Hold up." Ben steps closer and tries to grab my sleeves.

"Wow sometimes your an idiot Ben." I roll up both my sleeves and my pant legs, even a bit of my shirt just for good measure. "You really think I would do that to myself?"

"Well I don't know. You're mad about Gus, your friend is going to be sad, you can't make up your mind about me-"

"No!" I try to deny it, even though it never works to deny things.

"You really aught to keep your thoughts to yourself. And by the way, you were right."

"Right about what? And I do not!"

"Our little tenant is very skilled in reading minds. And oh my, what he says you've been thinking." Ben has the most leverage and he knows it. He smirks and cross' his arms.

"I hate you guys." I hiss. Masky is having a good time, laughing at my uncomfortableness.

"Lets see, what were you thinking when I asked why you missed me."

Oh god no. Not my personal confession of his laugh, his hand holding. "There's no way you could know about that."

"We'll there wasn't... Until you thought about it again." God I'm so stupid.

"Please wherever you are Slenderman, please don't tell him!" I plead.

"Alright, your safe... For now." Ben cracks a smile.

"I could hate you." I spit at him.

"If my sources are correct you couldn't if you tried." He tries to pull me in for a hug but I shuffle closer to Masky.

"You fundamentally raped me..." I hug Masky's leg and he puts his big hand on my head.

"You guys look like little kids on the playground." Tim smiles.

"The worst part is he has to take me home, so he has to hold my..." my words are jumbled by his pant leg. I'm going to have to hold his hand and he's going to make fun of me.

"Come on, get over it," Tim leans down to me ear and whispers, "I'm sure he likes you too."

"No he can't." I whisper back.

"If you don't mind, I don't like you two whispering about this." Ben snaps.

"Come on Liz, we can get you a snack then Ben can take you home."

"Oh yea. And here, I can't take these." I try to give him his bottle of pills back but he shakes his head.

"Its alright, seriously. I have so many in my room."

"I just... I worry sometimes. I know your a tough man but I can't stand the fact that you could run out and have seizure cause I, I can't..." I can't seem to get the words right so I just give up. Tim takes my hand and leads me to the kitchen.

"It's alright, it's alright. Come on, snack time then Ben can take you home."

"Only if you take this." I give him his meds back and he sighs, putting them in his pocket.

"You really stand up for what you think is right, don't you."