Ch. 48

"Hey Ben. Feeling good today? Feeling sassy?" Habit taunts.
"Actually yes. What the hell are you doing to her?" I demand. Elizabeth covers her eyes and groans, seemingly unwilling to look at this rationally. She should be freaking out that someone is cutting her, but she's more worried that I found her. We might have to get Nurse ANN to check her over and make sure nothing is wrong in her head.
"Would you stop it Ben?" She asks with annoyance ringing in my ears.
"Stop what? This is not safe, he's a bloodthirsty killer." I spit at Habit.
"I know it's not safe you idiot. But I think I can handle myself, don't you? I mean I haven't shut everyone out yet. You know how I tick, you should be able to see that I'm trying to do SOMETHING. But if you want I can give up." She hisses. It is true that normally she would probably be laying in her room right now, trying to figure things out and how she's going to deal with the fact that I know she likes me.
"Dude, just let her try. How bad could it be?" Habit rubs her hair. "Little rabbit has guts. I don't think a lot of people would let me cut 'em up this much." She smiles up at him, and it makes me sick.
"Fine. Come on, I think we should patch you up before dinner. A lot of other people aren't as good with their bloodlust." I slowly lead Elizabeth back to where our rooms are as she hangs her head and kitten licks her cuts. "Masky!" I knock on his door and a few seconds later he opens it.
"Hi." Liz squeaks.
"Oh my gosh, what did you do!" He grabs her arms and inspects the small cuts that Habit left her. They're already starting to heal, a simple bandage might do.
"I was hanging around Habit. I'm fine." She steps away. It takes Masky a minute to reply.
"Alright. Just, take care of yourself please. Can I bandage these so they don't get infected?" She nods.
"See. Dad thinks I can take care if myself." She mocks me.