Ch. 26

[Ben's POV]

"Then she's your toy again?" Masky laughs.

"She is not a play thing!" Everyone is enjoying how riled up I'm getting.

"Yet she can't live without you?" I hiss, that might be true. I fall silent for a minute, and Masky looks proud that he won.

"At least all my friends aren't dead." I mutter. Masky stands up and walks over to me.

"You shouldn't have done that."

"You can't even use your own line." Masky raises his fist to punch me but stops. Well more like, someone stops him for me.

"No fighting at the table. Calm down Masky, they weren't your fault." EJ leads Masky back to his seat and pats his back. That was a little bellow the belt, and he'll probably find a way to get me back for it. But as long as I prove my point, it's worth it.

[Elizabeth's POV]

Research time! And by research I mean watching all the Slender Man ARG's in hopes to better understand what's happening. I've already watched Marble Hornets (RIP: Alex, Jay, and Brian), Tribe Twelve, and EverymanHYBRID. Each character has a special pull that makes me want to hug them. Shh shh no more suffering just let me hug away the Slender sickness. And being the strange "there's-no-way-they-could-ever-be-with-me-just-look-at-the-age-gap" person I always end up being, I lust after some of them. Shameful, I know. Every guy I find myself liking is probably 15-20 years older then I am. Well except my two recent crushes, but we all know I don't want to think about that. The scary part is I have a chance with them.

I switch between Dark Harvest and Keratin Garden. They are interesting enough, and have good plot lines. You can get through a series fast if you have a few hours. Which I do.

Its starting to get dark. And that means no more research. I can't stay up all night scaring the shit out of myself. Even though I will probably still be up all night. Shut down the laptop, pull the covers up a bit more. God damn tight covers! I yank on my blanket, hoping to get it up to cover my shoulders. But instead the fabric slips from my fingers and my fist goes flying into my face. Great one Liz. Ben will love to know how you hurt yourself this time. My lips are healing slowly, I can eat properly now.

Wait a second. Why is explaining myself to Ben my first thought? I clutch my face and sigh. I don't like having crushes. Especially ones that have a sort of power over me, in this case knowing my thoughts. Not cool man, not cool.

The rest of my night is spent desperately trying not to fall asleep. If I fall asleep they can come in. So the light stays on, as always, and I fight the urge to close my eyes. It's hard.

At 6:45 I get out of bed and change into school clothes. Then I grab my backpack and lunch box and head out the door. The morning mist hasn't cleared yet, and every step I do a full 180 degree spin. Then I sit at the school bus stop, every second turning my head. Left, right, left, right, back! Over and over. Until finally the bus comes into view and the doors hiss open, allowing me to get on. I do the "mating call of the freaks" to my friends and walk down the isle

Long story short, it's how we greet each other.

"So how was your weekend? I went over to Toms place, and we were watching a movie, so at the scary part he hugged my butt and put his hand on mah boobs." Lauren dashes straight into the normal conversations.

"Woah what?" I do a double take. Is Tom taking it to the next level?

"Yea, he totally put his handa around me, touching my boobs and butt."

"I watched Dandelion all weekend." Kara smiles.

I went to a house in the woods. I almost dry heaved at the thought of my own personal torture. I got mind fucked by a entity in a suit. I think I found my new personal drug, blood and hearts that the man I'm beginning to love like a dad leaves under my pillow at night.

"Lucky, I did nothing over the weekend but sleep." I lie With a smile.