Ch. 18

I shut my laptop screen as it boots itself up, probably Ben trying to come in. I make sure there's no electronics with screens in my room, leaving my laptop and iPod in my dads room under the bed. He's on disability for a stroke. After I'm done moving all the screens out I lay on my bed, on my back if corse making sure nothing sneaks up on me. I've had paranoia forever, comes with being a schitzo, but never this bad. Every moment I feel like something will creep out of my closet. Maybe it will. I sigh for a minute and contemplate what I've just done. Why does he have to exist? Why does he have to care? Why did he even pick me? God dammit.

[Ben's POV]
I walk back to the backyard of her house slowly. What was wrong, did I do something? Why wouldn't she tell me what's wrong? I hop her fence on more time, and walk over to the miniature portal the Observer made for me. I bend down and tap the screen, seeing if I can get in through her laptop. It must be closed, because I can't get in. I tap it again, seeing if I can get in though her iPod touch. Because you can't close it, I feel myself go though but I'm facing the ground. I get a face full of carpet and very cramped room. Did she put me under the bed? Her bed has more room under it. Did she put me under her fathers bed?! What did I do wrong? I go back to the mansion and dash into my room before anyone can question me.

Lets get this straight with myself: who what where when why how stile. Who is Elizabeth? She's a 13 year old girl. What is she? A 13 year old girl. Where? Her house, 2314 Cross Ave. When? 2015 May. Why? Everyone else didn't want to kill her so I got the task. She blindsided me with her daring nature and again with her excitement toward everything. Her eyes sparkle when she likes something and she gets a cute little frown when she's in deep thought. Of corse I have to end up liking her, I've watched her for years. Getting to know her up close is just... I don't know. A privilege I guess. It's not easy to find someone new to talk to. And definitely not one who can tolerate me and my "roommates".
I can't just let her shut me out like this.

[Elizabeth's POV]
I guess it's time to do what I'm good at again. Feeling fine, if not nothing. I eat dinner faster than normal, dash upstairs, and fall asleep.
I go to school, show my friends funny pictures I found online, take notes in class, eat, come home, lock myself in my room and quietly fix the broken seems on my mind. I do this for the rest of the week, then it's time for the thing I probably hate most. I wake up on Sunday and try to go back to bed. My dad soon knocks on my door, I groan on response. He sticks his head in.
"Time to go to Church."
"Alright..." I pull the covers over my eyes.
"Hey, are you ok? People say you've been acting depressed lately."
This sparks my interest. Who dares call me that? "Who?"
"We'll your mom... And I want to protect the privacy of the others..."
"What the heck does that mean!" I kid swear. No actual swearing at home.
"Hey hey hey, no need to get fired up. Just get dressed and we can go, then when we come home don't go up to your room and close the door ok?
I know better than to argue so I get up and close the door to get dressed. I can feel myself mentally screaming at the pressure of myself and what I think of Ben, Church that I never believed anyway, and the pressure of being called depressed by unknown sources. I guess I'll just have to suck up and deal with it.
I pull down my dress, sigh, and get in the car. I'm already dreading the next two and a half hours, but at least Ben can't show up... I hope.

[A/N] Happy Memorial Day everybody. Remember to thank your troops for everything they have done and I hope one day we find the perfect way to thank them. I can't thank them enough for the service they've done. Thank you troops ❤ So many thanks.
(You can carry on now)