Ch. 22

"Step back." I do as Ben asks and stand back. In a few seconds Ben is in my dimension, dusting off his tunic. My heart flutters, he really came. He looks up at me and I can't contain myself. I run up and give him a big hug. My hand finds his and I entangle our fingers. So with one hand I squeeze Ben as tight as I can, and with the other I cut off my own circulation by holding his hand so tight. My head rests on his neck, were about the same hight. Ben just stands in shock, and I'm probably paralyzing him with this hug.
"I missed you so much," I whisper. "You don't even know."
"Shhh. Shh." Ben holds me with his free hand and we sway back and forth slowly. "Hey, I missed you too." Ben whispers.
"I have something to show you." I finally let Ben go and he takes a big breath. I guess he couldn't breathe. I turn to my jacket and pull out the note, the bottle of blood, and the pills. Before he even looks at those he grabs my face.
"What did you do to your lips?" He runs his finger lightly across the broken skin. I hope his fingers are clean.
"Oh, I was chewing on them, and I ripped them to shreds. It's alright, I'll live." I wave off his concern.
"I'm sure we could fix this at the mansion. Do you have time?" We keep our voices low.
"My dad thinks I'm skateboarding." I point to the board and helmet a few steps away.
"Alright come on." He grabs my hand, making my heart jump. Unexpected touches do that. I put the items back in my jacket pocket and grip his hand tighter. He doesn't seem to mind my death grip, and leads us to the screen. In an instant we are in the mansions living room. It doesn't look like anyone is here, but I know better than to assume we're alone.
"Hold on I wanna show you something." Ben nods and I sit down on the floor. Then I take out the three items again, laying them on the ground. "Do you know who left these for me? I think it was Masky." He sniffs the water bottle and smiles.
"We can ask. I think Masky is still here."
"Alright. There's no diseases in this right?" I hold up the bottle full of blood.
"There shouldn't be. We don't drain the blood of people with diseases."
I pop the cap and smell the intoxicating smell of clean blood. I take a sip and smile.
"Well at least it tastes good."
"You shouldn't do that. You'll turn into a cannibal." Ben wraps his arm around my waist and leads me upstairs. It feels strange, I'm still not used to touch. Especially by boys.
"You don't mind this, right?" He nods to his arm.
"I'm just not usually touched a lot." I sheepishly grin.
"That is not ok. You need stimulation sometimes." I try not to laugh at his unintentional sex joke but fail terribly.
"Yea Ben. I need your stimulation." I gasp between laughs.
"Oh god. Really?" Ben chuckles.
"Nonono. Go ahead, 'stimulate' me." I'm dying of laughter. I can barely stand straight.
"I will," he threatens. "I will touch you all over the place."
This makes me laugh more, and I gasp for breath.
"I didn't mean it like that!"
"Of course you didn't." I choke out. I am on the floor, in a ball, trying to regain my breath.
"Stop laughing. You know what I meant." Ben I laughing as well, gasping for breath.
"Alright, alright." I stand up again. "Lets go find Tim." I grab Ben's hand lightly and we continue through the house.
I try not to think about Ben 'stimulating' me, but of course that backfires. I really hope no one can read my mind. And that I can force myself to stop soon.
We carry on in silence, our hands gently brushing together. Would it be so bad if I told him? Probably. Would he hate me? Probably.