Ch. 16

"H-h-h-hi th-th-there." I finally stutter. I'm still in the corner, trapped by the Operator. Ben looks over and sees my horror.

"Oh stop teasing her." The Operator flickers away, leaving the lights flickering. And Ben is having some sort of glitch. Once I'm sure the no-faced monster is gone I walk back up to Ben and grab his face. The glitches are subsiding now so I let go of Ben and step back.

"Why were you basically having seizures when he was here?" I check him over, making sure there's no injures or anything.

"He messes with the power sometimes. I'm hooked up to the generator here so if it shuts off, I basically die unless I can find another power source in time."

"Then why do you stay here?"

"The generator is really strong, I'm sure there's no way for The Operator to take us offline by himself. Although if we got a big enough virus or something, it would be possible." Tim says, pushing his mask up a bit so it doesn't sound like a jumble of words.

"So if I shut off your wifi... You die?"

"Yep. Please don't though, I kind of like being a virus."

"Geez... I'm hungry again." I smile a little smile.

"Do you just eat constantly?" Ben walks back into the kitchen with me.

"Basically. I'm a teenager after all." I look over Ben's shoulder into the refrigerator. That heart I took a bite of is still in their... I point to it hungrily and Ben picks it up.

"Do you really want to eat this? I'm sure we have something else, like maybe a steak."

"You would have to cook a steak, and besides this is kind of... Sweet almost."

"Someone's turning into a canable. Go ahead if you want to, just remember we can't feed you if you get addicted to it."

"It's just one, I'm sure I'll be fine." I suck in the bite mark I had previously made, letting the cold blood run down my throat.

I sit back down in my dusty corner, chewing on my snack. The time! What time is it? It's 2:15 did the Operator change the time?... I have half an hour to go. Although it seems, this is when everyone gets home. Terrifying creatures parade through the door, covered in dirt and sometimes blood. Most of them, if not all, are boys. Well, men I guess. I watch Ben, following him around like a puppy. He beckons me and takes me to his room.

"I want to show you something."

"Hmm?"

"Check it out." He types in something on his computer and another binary version of Ben comes to rest next to us.

"Woah!" I put my hand up to it and it passes right through.

"Just wait a second. Hold still." Ben looks me up and down, making me feel a bit uncomfortable. Then he looks to his laptop, typing something very fast. I think he's going to recreate me. Every few seconds Ben looks at me then back to his laptop. I wait pationtly. Then out of no where Ben presses the enter button and I can see myself. Its almost like looking in a mirror.

"Can you make these things uh,... can you make them physical?" I lay my hand on my shoulder, letting fall to the ground.

"Probably. Although why-"

"Please? That would be awesome!"

"Which one? Cause I can think of a few things that would be better without a hologram." Ben smirks.

"Well, Ben, I would, but sadly I can't make out with myself..."

He laughs at my narcisism.

"I can make a robot and upload your personality into its database, although, there will never actually be a perfect replica of you. To many variables, like how you would react in specific situations. Also it wouldn't feel real." He runs his hand along my cheek. This just got awkward. The weird vibe is drowned out by my excitement.

"Really? Can you?"

"I'll do it... but you would need to help me."

"Totally!"

"I'll also need to ask you questions about... everything."

"I could do that..." I'm a little daunted by someone knowing anything about me but it would be so cool. Think of what you could do Elizabeth! "Can it be kept here?"

"It would have to be kept here. Do you want to do the questions or the endo skeleton?"

"Endoskeleton." This is happening.