94- Wholehearted Apologies

We had a wonderful evening.

She was fine, not mentioning last night at all. Holding my arm all the time as we visited many places, ate a lot of junk food.

In the shine in her eyes, I found my world and reasons to exist and for that sake, I was once again where I decided to not turn again as those words-

'Your Lord will test you with what you love the most,'

It was echoing and I was staring at the prayer mat lying on the hotel room. Aalifa was in the bathroom to shower and I was staring at it intensely.

Verily, I must return what I left because only prayers could save me.

So I prayed.

"Ya Allah, please fix Aalifa's condition."

But, I had no idea what took over me when I ended, sitting on the ground and my emotions flowed out painfully. As I realized-

'What was I? What could I possibly do when I am incapable of fixing my wife's condition? What could a mere human do?'

And in that realization, my eyes turned moist, leading me to the verge of the breakdown. Hiding my face in my hands as I stayed on the ground and continued to plead.

"I know you test your people with the person they love the most but don't you think I have suffered enough?"

A tear rolled down my cheek which I wiped quickly but my voice was broken, they were still gleaming in the corner as I literally begged.

"Please help her, please-"

My rhythm broke when Aalifa came out, I swallowed the lump in my throat and wiped my eyes quickly to form a grin.

I couldn't possibly hurt her with my pain so I lifted my gaze when she came, soaking her hair with a towel with a shocked expression on her face.

"What... are you doing?"

"Nothing, praying." I whispered, extending my hand out to her.

She placed the towel away and took my hand as I made her sit on my lap, wrapping my arms around her beautiful body to kiss her cheeks.

"Were you crying?" She asked, placing her palm over my jawline, sending a shiver down my spine from satisfaction.

"No. Why do you think so?" I chuckled nervously.

"You have tears,"

"Oh, something got in my eyes. Leave it. You stay here with me,"

Murmuring, I leaned down to her neck, kissing it, closing my eyes while pouring my deepest wishes in my prayers.

Chuckling, she poked my cheek, "What made you pray, hmm?"

You have left me where nothing but prayers could help.

"Hmm. Let's see. It's because I want our son to look up to me and not become a sinner like me,"

I chuckled huskily, not daring to open my eyes and saw the hollowness in her eyes.

"Why not our daughter?" She frowned.

"I don't think I can handle a daughter, I will definitely make her a rich spoiled brat and all of you will blame me for bad nurturing then."

She ended up chuckling at my silly words. Of course, I would gladly have any but hearing that sound relieved me. Tightening my grip over her, I stared intensely at my beloved's eyes.

"You are so angelic, you know? I just want to stare at you. In fact I want my identity to be known by you now,"

"What do you mean by that?"