42- Disgraceful Night

Getting married at the age of eighteen was never in my list but to secure our future, I was used as the sacrificial pawn. To save our regiment I gave up my dreams.

To create a deal with the biggest industrialist, the undefeated billionaire, Sheikh Zakir Asfan- Saira's elder Brother, I married his sister who just became a widow.

"Remember, Zaviyaar, your life is going to change from this moment onwards. You are my pride that is why I am entrusting you with this responsibility." Father said sternly.

Tonight was my wedding night, I was so embarrassed to go. For someone who never went near girls, I didn't know what to do.

"You will respect Saira, do as she says without complaining. You will accept her as your wife no matter what. Understand?" Father explained sternly.

She was the spoiled sister of Zakir, the most loved girl of her family. She was much superior in terms of status too so my Father didn't want me to take any actions irrationally due to my age.

"Of course, Father, I am well aware of my obligations. I won't disappoint you or her. You can trust me." I smiled in return.

"We are in debt to her family, we need her brother to survive. The only reason Zakir allowed this marriage is because you cannot divorce her."

"I know. Don't worry, such a situation won't arise."

I understood my position, I wanted to become useful so I agreed wholeheartedly. I accepted this marriage from my heart.

"Good. Now, go to your room. Your bride is waiting for you." Father smiled, giving my head a pat to show he was proud of me.

I blushed faintly, "Okay."

I didn't want to go.

Saira looked so intimidating that I didn't want to come near her, the most aesthetic woman of her family was married to me.

That gave me a sense of inferiority.

Taking a deep breath, I knocked and entered the room slowly.

"Hey."

Before marriage, I arranged it exactly how she wanted it so she wouldn't be outraged to be in a 'teenager's' room.

"Hmm?"

There she was, the captivating woman, people were forced to look at her whenever she passed. She was so beautiful back then, though she lost that 'angel in disguise' appearance.

All because she had pride in her beauty.

"Are you hungry?" I asked vaguely. I had no idea what the heck I was supposed to say.

"No." She replied coldly.

I sat on the bed while she was in front of the mirror, undoing her long lustrous hair, keeping an unaffected expression.

"You.. uh.. You look beautiful. This color suits you a lot." I forced a smile, scanning my beautiful wife. The maroon color suited her a lot.

"I don't need you to tell me. I know." She smirked dryly, glancing at me from her shoulder.

Clearing my throat, I shyly got up, offering her a box, gifting her the most precious jewel of our family along with the bouquet of roses.

"Mama said to give this to you as a wedding gift. It is our ancestral ring. The madam of the house wears it." I told her bashfully, offering her the box while looking away.

She knitted her brows, glancing at the box and then at me. For a second, I thought she would throw it away but fortunately she took it.

"It's beautiful."