75- Justice

"Here is your ice-cream."

After dinner, I was craving for some ice-cream and being a good husband, Zaviyaar got me some as we just overate.

We shouldn't have finished that bucket, now we were feeling too lazy to move.

"Thanks." I groaned, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"You shouldn't climb down the stairs, you are given bed rest. Or why don't you come down for the time being?" He yawned, placing his hand on my shoulder so I could curl into his arms.

"I am not leaving my room." I frowned.

"Then rest, Darling." He sighed, pinching my cheeks.

"I will be fine." I muttered as we remained like this for a while until we felt a little better and got up to leave for our room.

"Where are you going?" Saira asked, displeased to find Zaviyaar so close to me with his hand on my shoulder, me holding his shirt, not wanting to walk on my own.

"To our room?" He replied nonchalantly.

"That's it, I am sick of it! I am done with your injustice, Zaviyaar!"

Shouting furiously, she took us with her, "Mother!" And barged inside her room.

Pulling away awkwardly, we only exchanged a nervous glance and followed her.

"What is it, Saira?" Zaviyaar asked dominantly.

"I have seen all of you being silent and being ignorant to what is happening in this household. You all are pushing me into a corner, forgetting how I gave all my years to this palace." She complained sadly.

"Saira, look at her condition. You heard what the Doctor said. She is carrying our legacy." Mother spoke softly to make her understand but she hissed in return.

"Is that so? Is that my fault that I cannot reproduce?"

"Saira, no one said it." Zaviyaar sighed, gesturing to her to stop behaving like this.

Saira saw she was at a disadvantage at all points and curled her hands in fist, losing herself.

"You know what? Fine then, I am willing to accept her on one condition."

"What?" We all asked at the same time.

"I demand justice. The whole reason you were given the right to marry four women is 'only' if you do justice which you hadn't done the second she entered this home!" Saira shouted.

I flinched for a second as she made a valid point. The foremost reason to marry another woman, if you couldn't do that, another one was not allowed.

"If both of us had to live here then I want the exact time you give her, the exact affection and attention." She demanded.

"Can't I see how you who have only been home once a week now come here just for her, pretending I don't exist, just throwing me away."

She began to tremble, glaring at with tears blurring her eyes, placing all her complaints which I couldn't do anything about.

I didn't call him early, I didn't make him. If 'she' couldn't do that, it was my not fault.

"This is wrong, you will be held accountable for your actions, Zaviyaar. I want to be treated fairly!" She growled, losing her mind when she became a non-existent part of her own home.

"Zaviyaar, Saira is not wrong. That is also demanded by laws made from above." Mother frowned, turning to us.

I only looked down, wrapping my arm around Zaviyaar's forearm. I was too tired to participate in a fight or argument, let them settle this themselves.