56- Tempting Him

I kept myself away from him the next few hours, shut out from his sight until it was night. Everyone was leaving for their quarters after being done.

Frowning, I kept a growl plastered on my face, questioning his actions. I was in a corridor all alone, leaning on the wall while holding my wrist which had three cuts on it.

"Tsk." I scoffed at the sting until I recognized footsteps accompanied by a softer tone.

"Are you okay?"

We were all alone in an open pathway where anyone could come but taking the risk, I lowered my eyes and continued to be angry.

"Why do you care?" I muttered.

He approached me, wrapping his large hand around mine, brushing his thumb over my wrist slowly while locking his eyes gently with mine.

"Then why do you think I am here?" He murmured, closing the gap. Pressing myself against the wall, I refused to meet his keen eyes contemplating me.

Nibbling my bottom lip, I mumbled, "You shouldn't have been this harsh with her."

He smirked seductively at my question. Placing his one hand beside my head, he leaned so he could knit our auras together. Shuddering at the unwanted closeness, I acted to remain stoic but he went too far and kissed my hurt wrist.

"How can I let anyone hurt my doll?"

"What are you doing here? What if anyone saw?"

A shiver went down my spine, attempting to release my wrist as he kept it secured over his heart, making me sense his beats too.

"For how long will you run away from me? You can't avoid me forever. Let's go to your room." He murmured with a smile, pulling away and began to lead the way.

"Are you sure?"

My heart began to pound roughly, not sure what I was supposed to do.

"Yes. I want- no, I need to be with you."

Narrowing my eyes, I decided to scrutinize the situation and then make a decision. It could be easy for him to pretend nothing happened and continue everything but it was agonizing for me.

'Think, Aalifa, what could you possibly do? Think, dammit.'

Gritting my teeth when my mind was empty as we entered the room and my heart began to beat swiftly when there were no interruptions to be expected between us anymore.

To keep him hanging for the time being, I hissed, folding my arms at my chest when we stood in the middle of the room.

"Don't you have any shame to yearn for me after everything you did to me?" I growled in a low tone.

"Then tell my heart to stop because I can't."

To which he only shamelessly smirked, refusing to leave my wrist and sat on my bed. Pausing, I was baffled, he kept smiling, distressing me.

"How badly do you want me?" I questioned in disbelief.

"The fact I broke all my boundaries and married you. That you are above Saira for me is not enough to show you how desperately I need you in my life?" He whispered, unwillingly leaving my wrist as I kept staring at him for the next few seconds.

How blind could he possibly go?

Turning to him, a dark thought evoked in my mind. I knew that would be wicked but if that would hurt him then I would do it.

I lost my mind.

Holding my head high, I snaked my fingers around his neck, sending a shiver down his spine. Arching my eyebrow temptingly, I walked to him before incling on his laps.