55- A Failed Attempt

*** AALIFA NIYAZ ***

I was cleaning his Mother's room, totally minding my own business until Saira came and I didn't know why my jaw clenched in her presence.

Nothing changed for me yet her presence had begun to bother me. Frowning, I was making bed as she started speaking delusionally.

"Zaviyaar has started to come home, Mother. It... feels good to see him often or else most of the time him being here or not never mattered."

The shyness in her resonance made me want to throw the reality on her face that it was NOT because of her.

"Did something happen between you two?" Mother chuckled.

"A few months ago, Zaviyaar asked about my thoughts on him... loving another woman."

I almost stopped for a second. Few months ago, before I knew everything, or after it? When, dammit? Give more details.

Was he actually sincere with me?

'Was he about to fall in love with me?' I thought, slowing my work to hear further as I felt a clench in my insides. I hated how it sounded.

"Then?"

"I made him reassure me that he won't give this place to any other woman. I think he..."

Was it after or before!? Is that why he hurt me? Because of you? Was his heart still yours? Shit!

Bearing as my chest felt tightened, I decided to worsen her felicity, she was infuriating me. I had zero concerns for his family anyways.

"Madam, If I may?" Faking sweetness, I paused, turning to her.

"Hmm?"

"Why don't you do something for Sir that could evoke more of his feelings?" I suggested as persuasively as possible. Saira gave me a look of approval.

"What do you suggest, dear?" Mother asked, turning to me.

I remembered he told me she can't cook and he is a foodie. What a mismatched combination.

"Why don't you bake some cookies for him? The other helpers often say he loves snacks. Each time he would eat those cookies with his tea that would remind him of you." I suggested, smiling continuously to convince her.

"Now that you mentioned. You are right. If you excuse me, Mother, I am going to bake some cookies for him,"

Her face glowed for a moment, rising from her seat and rushing to make something to impress me.

"Sure, my child. Bless you,"

Shrinking my eyes when she was out of my sight, I tilted my head in confusion. Why was she bothering with this affection when she felt nothing?

'When you never considered him a husband then why are you behaving like this? Why are you becoming delusional? What are you trying to prove by all this?' I thought, having troubles understanding her.

Because in these three weeks here, I had never heard her once complaining about Zaviyaar, she was constantly talking about him and always praising everything he had done for the family.

Confused, I was about to leave the room after being done until Mother called me sternly.

"Aalifa."

"Yes?"

"Saira is delusional, I am not, Dear." She whispered, rising from her seat with the help of her cane.

"I could tell by the way you look at me."