65- Convincing Her

*** ZAVIYAAR SHEIKH ***

I was in the lounge of my office, rubbing my temples as my knee was shaking from the anxiety surrounding me. Submerged in distress, I didn't know what to do.

I knew I got myself in a big mess as everyone was with me.

"You got what you always wanted but at what cost, Zaviyaar?" Asad asked coldly, frowning at me.

He might have defended me but he disliked the condition which was made because of me at home.

"Mother is angry with you, Saira Bhabi has cut herself off from all of us and the woman for whom you did all this doesn't even look at you properly." Erhan hissed from behind.

And then, Nathaniel who was supposed to leave for his flight back to America came with an intrigued look.

"Can I ask a more important question?"

"What?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

What could be more important than my crestfallen family?

"Was it worth it?"

For a moment, all my shaking stopped.

The distress dispelled and looking up at him with stagger, my mind stopped functioning as I curled my lips in a genuine smile, replying to him honestly.

"All of it is."

At my reply, Nathaniel returned a questionable smirk. Knitting my brows, I failed to grasp what my small answer provided him.

"Why are you smirking?" Asad asked, hissing at his reaction.

Nathaniel suppressed a chuckle, pushing his hair behind with retreating steps.

"Because I understand, when your heart is stuck on one person, nothing else compels it. It makes you a blind worshiper, you gamble everything you own at stake."

I expected this response from him.

He had been crazy for his 'Zari' but unfortunately losing his memories separated his path. So to fill his gap, I completed his words.

"And still all of it would be worth it."

True, placing my house's constant peace, the promise I once made to my father, breaching my marriage contract, everything was worth it if that connected my destiny with Aalifa.

Heck, I never regretted killing Asim as it became the reason I found her. I had become selfish for her.

"You have gone crazy." My brothers sighed, rolling their eyes.

"No doubt." De Villiers nodded, glaring at his Boss too as Nathaniel smirked darkly.

"Mine has a long way ahead, worry about it later. Let's go back and deal with Princy first, De Villiers." Nathaniel called as they left.

"I couldn't believe he actually came to see your second marriage unveiled." Asad mumbled, shaking his head.

"Hmm."

As we sat in silence to discuss what we should do next, Hashir came after completing one most important task I gave him.

"Everything is done, Boss."

"Good."

Smirking, I got up immediately, taking out my cigar and lighting it up.

"What did you do now?- Hey, where are you going?- Zaviyaar!"

Asad called me angrily but not listening to him, knowing he would scold me for my actions yet I didn't care and left.

"How will you handle this mess, Boss?" Hashir asked.