49- Light Of 'My' Life

"You-"

I was about to curse but my whole being froze when I was in the room and the sound of her bangles moving came. My heartbeats started causing a disruption in my body.

The back of my throat was dried. Inhaling sharply, I endeavored to forget whatever happened with Saira and turned to my bride.

She was sitting on the bed, wearing the same shade of white lehenga, looking undeniable exquisite, dripping charm I was incapable of placing into words.

'What could I say when nothing would be enough?'

Staring at her in mesmerization, I was before her. Timidly staring back we kept our eyes locked for the two minutes in utter silence in the well decorated and dimly lit room with candles.

"What?" She asked innocently, setting her dupatta over her head properly, averting her gaze at the keen contact.

I couldn't mutter a single resonance and kept staring deeply.

"Are you going to say anything? You were praising me so precisely before or was it a lie too?" She mumbled, turning her head away with a hint of disappointment.

Taking a deep breath, I sat beside her, praying she wouldn't push me away. She kept looking in the other direction. I didn't touch her but couldn't stop myself from shifting my eyes.

"Aalifa. I know I am the Heathen. I lie.... But I want you to know that I told you the truth about my feelings, at least." I whispered sincerely.

"I find it extremely hard to trust you now. In fact, I can't. I feel you are lying now too." She frowned, turning her head so locked our gazes together.

"How could I explain that my feelings were not a lie?" I asked desperately.

I didn't mean to frighten her back then, I lost control and did all those irredeemable actions.

She listened coldly, bringing her henna filled hands to my face but didn't touch me. My heart skipped a beat when her hand was so near yet so far from me.

In that little gap, I was blazed.

"In that case you have lost me with your own hands and I won't forgive you, Zaviyaar." She enunciated, shifting that hand down to take the flower from my coat and twirling it around her fingers.

Beautifully piercing my heart with her words, causing my breaths to halt as she traced the rose on the side of my face.

"You have hurt me, you have lied to me, you have chained me too. You did everything a person does to its enemy and I would never forgive you."

Exhaling in a disappointing sigh, she placed the rose back into my hand.

Staring at it with voices reminding me of my own fault, I closed my eyes, accepting that I had lost her myself so I decided to use words I told Saira when I realized she won't be mine.

"I... understand... You are absolutely right... I won't do anything to make you uncomfortable."

"I didn't say anything about being uncomfortable. I said I won't forgive you." She muttered, rising from the bed and moving to the middle of the room and I couldn't help but stare endlessly at the nymph before me.

"Leave it. I had dreams for my wedding night nonetheless. I won't destroy them for you." She declared sternly, staggering me.

Standing before me, she moved her hand to me, "Where is my wedding gift?" She demanded, holding her high in temptation.

Blinking, I tilted my head in confusion, "What?"

And that enraged her. Glaring at me, she held her sides, completely discontented with me.