Light and Darkness

Tessia Eralith, princess of the fae, lay sprawled on her bed, her silvery hair braided over her shoulder, as her gorgeous teal eyes traced her white ceiling. Tessia was a well-known beauty in the fae kingdom who were already known for their immortal and divine appearances. Her teal eyes were like pearls that shone whenever she was happy, which contrasted nicely with her long, silver hair. She had a small, perky nose and thin, luscious pink lips on a face that looked like a carefully molded piece of art. She wore a shin length spaghetti strapped silky white dress that was low cut in the back and complimented her hourglass frame nicely.

Tessia tapped her fingers together impatiently, her eyes occasionally darting to her bedroom door, waiting for it to open any minute now. She was growing more irritable by the second, and the walls began to feel like they were closing in on her. She needed to get out and wondered what was taking her friend so long.

However, she didn't need to wait much longer. She quickly sat up in bed, hanging her legs over the side, and watched the door open. Tessia watched with anticipation as an individual wearing a hooded black cloak peeked their head in before quickly entering the room and closing the door behind her.

With the door closed, the hooded individual turned to face Tessia and smiled happily. They dropped their hood, revealing a beautiful fae female with pointed ears, long brown hair that she had braided over her shoulder, and kitten-like hazel eyes.

"Lilia," Tessia breathed out with relief, seeing her maid, whom she considers a good friend, had finally arrived. Tessia quickly stood from the bed, approached Lilia, and took her into a tight hug. "I'm glad you're finally here. I was beginning to go crazy."

"Sorry I'm late," Lilia said as they broke the hug. "Your grandfather didn't go to bed until a few minutes ago."

"Ugh," Tessia sighed, knowing she should've guessed. "He's been staying awake rather late recently."

"It might have to do with the mortal races," Lilia suggested, with a hint of worry in her voice. "Everyone knows the humans and the dwarves have been quite active at the wall recently."

Tessia waved away her concern with a smile, "I'm sure it's nothing. Besides, we both know my grandfather can be overly concerned at times."

"Perhaps," Lilia shrugged and smiled. "But it's also what makes him a good king: his concern for his people."

Tessia looked at Lilia with a deadpanned look, "It also makes him and my father annoying mother hens. I'm over two hundred years old, and I've never set foot out of Zestier. They're lucky I haven't gone crazy by now."

"They're just looking out for you," Lilia reassured with sincerity. "Your magic is rare, Tess. You have dominion over light magic. Plus, not to mention your sheer magical strength. You rival your grandfather in that regard."

Tessia knew it was no secret that her grandfather, Virion, was amongst the strongest people in their home continent of Dicathen. He demonstrated this power on the battlefields of the last war against the humans and dwarves, which ended right after Tessia was born.

Tessia sighed, knowing Lilia was right. With her power and strength, she would easily be a target for their enemies, who would try to use her for their own personal gain. It was why her father and grandfather always kept a close eye on her, which felt extremely annoying at times.

"Anyway," Tessia breathed out, done talking about this, and smiled excitedly at Lilia. "Do you have the extra cloak?"

Lilia hesitated for a second, not sure if this was the best idea. But she could see how excited Tessia was to get away from the castle, even just for a night, and enjoy herself.