Forever Yours

A/N: WARNING. THIS ONE SHOT MAY CONTAIN OG STORY SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Arthur Leywin POV

Voices. Voices spoke in the background, sounding gargled, not coherent. Not because it was far away or in a different room, but because I wasn't paying attention. I sat in the council room of the floating castle, with it finally being safe to be occupied again.

It was over, everything, it was all over. Agrona is dead, with the remnants of his body destroyed to nothing by the power of destruction. Kezess was overthrown and killed by his old friend and my new ally, Mordain. Sylvie was appointed as the liaison between Epheotus and Dicathen, with her currently there now. Alacrya has struck peace with Dicathen, with Seris as their new leader, a well-deserved title for her.

Viessa and Melzri are the only other remaining scythes, as they betrayed Agrona during the war's final weeks and aided in his defeat. Lyra and Caera were appointed the ambassadors to Alacrya, being our permanent points of contact.

Seris was able to convince the High Bloods of Alacrya to pay Dicathen for war damages. The damages to Sapin and Darv were considerable but compared little to the damage to Elenoir. However, there was now hope. The forest of Elenoir is now slowly growing back with the help of the Asura at the orders of Mordain.

Mom, Ellie, and Regis were currently in Elenoir, helping with the repair efforts and building a new place for the elves to live. It had been a long time since the elven race felt any sense of hope, but with the forest growing back and everyone coming together to build them a new home, they seemed brighter than ever.

Then, there were them, my old friends, Cecilia and Nico. I was glad we were finally able to reconcile, which wasn't easy with everything that happened, let alone talking to Cecilia as she possessed Tess.

Every time I looked at Cecilia... or Tess, I felt a pain in my heart for what happened to her, for what she had to go through, all because of me. Now, she's back... Tess is finally back. With the help of Mordain, he was able to take Cecilia's soul out of Tess' body and send her and Nico's soul back to earth, per their request. It was a bittersweet goodbye since we had just reconciled, but I'm glad they got what they wanted.

Mordain asked if I wanted to go back to Earth as well, but I declined. I had too much here, and I didn't want to give it up. My friends, my family, Tess...

Tess was currently resting in the infirmary of the floating castle and had been in a deep sleep for almost three days. Mordain reassured us that her sleeping this long wasn't anything to be concerned about, as her body needed to recover from going through such a process.

However, I wasn't sure what to do once she woke up. How was I supposed to face her? She was only possessed because of me. She went through all of this because of me, because I wasn't even supposed to be in this world. How the hell was I supposed to explain this to her? That she went through this because of me and how I was a reincarnate, a brutal king in my past life.

How would she react? Will she be disgusted? Hate me? Tell me never to speak to her again? I can't imagine a good scenario, which was gut-wrenching. I had pushed her down for so long, unable to cope with her situation. And now she was back finally, and I was too afraid to confront her. My heart hurt just thinking about it, just how much I truly loved her. I just didn't know if she would love me anymore.

"-ur"

Maybe I should just avoid her...

"-rthur"

Maybe she will avoid me...

"Brat!"

"Huh?!" My head shot up, my gaze leaving the table I was starting out and settling on Virion.