A Dragon Princess

Silence. No one said a word. The guards were practically shaking, their armor rattling in the silent air.

In the hangar of the floating castle, the three royal families who made up the Dicathen council stood poised, waiting for their guests.

The human royal family: Blaine, Priscilla, Curtis, and Kathyln Glayder.

Blaine, wearing human royal apparel, is an elderly man with long, deep-red hair and dark red-eyes.

Priscilla, wearing a black royal dress, is a beautiful lady with dark blue hair and dark eyes.

Kathyln, wearing a black royal dress like her mother, has a doll-like appearance, porcelain skin, black hair, dark eyes, and small lips.

Curtis, wearing a royal tunic and a cape, looks similar to his father, with fierce brown eyes and mahogany hair.

The elven royal family: Virion, Alduin, Merial, and Tessia Eralith.

Virion, wearing elven male royal robes, is an old man past his prime. He has sharp facial features and a gaze that could kill you on contact. His hair is pure white and tied to the back, showing off his clean-shaven face.

Alduin, also wearing elven male royal robes, is a middle-aged male with a muscular body. His emerald eyes were slanted upwards, and his military-style haircut gave him a dignified look.

Merial, wearing decorative female royal robes, is a middle-aged woman with round green eyes, shimmering a light blue hue, contrasting with her lush pink lips, while her silver hair fell down her back.

Tessia, wearing decorative royal robes like her mother, was a young, beautiful woman just entering adulthood. She had gorgeous teal pearls and soft pink lips that contrasted with her silky gunmetal gray hair, which she had tied back.

The dwarven royal family: Dawsid and Glaudera Greysunders.

Dawsid, wearing dwarven royal apparel, is an elderly man with a short stature and a sturdy frame. He has dark, baggy eyes and thick, bushy bros. His long braided beard, which ends at his upper torso, is complemented by his long mustache.

Glaudera, wearing a dwarven royal dress, could easily be described as looking manly, with broad shoulders and long braided hair.

To be honest, the royal families weren't even sure if their guests would show up. All they had was hope. Hope that the ones they were waiting for would show up and help them in their dire time of need against this looming threat.

"How long have we been waiting?" Curtis snapped, sounding impatient. He had his arms crossed while he tapped his foot annoyingly.

"Not long," Priscilla answered, twiddling her thumbs, obviously nervous. "A half an hour, maybe."

"Can you stop with your foot?" Kathyln hissed, tired of Curtis' squirming.

"Well, I'm bored," Curtis replied, rolling his eyes. He just wanted to get this meeting over with.

"What if they don't show up?" Alduin said tightly, staring into the cloudy sky past the open hangar.

"They must," Virion said sternly, silently praying for them to arrive. "We sent them a request for a meeting, with a date and time. Yes, they may be a bit late, but we must hope they show up. Without them..." His gaze fell, not wanting to think about it. "They must come. They must."

Tessia stared at her grandfather with concern. She knew he had been troubled and stressed about this meeting and what it would mean if they refused to help us. She could see a noticeable difference in him, with his bags under his eyes, and how he just looked tired all the time.