Love and Honor 5

Arthur Leywin POV

I finished getting washed up after doing a quick physical training session. I grabbed my towel wrapping it around my waist, and walked up to the bathroom door. I grabbed the door knob, but hesitated for a second.

I slowly opened the door, peering into my bedroom, making sure no one was in there. After making sure the coast is clear, I walked into my bedroom and pulled out my uniform for the day. I quickly got dressed, and did a quick item count making sure I had all the mandatory items we were supposed to carry.

I secured the pouches to my duty belt, and stored some of the items, including my sword, into my dimensional ring. Once I had all of my items put away, I walked over to the mirror, and did a once over of myself, making sure I looked sharp. My dad always said the first thing a person notices, is their appearance. And your appearance, goes to your command presence.

Once I made sure I was all ready to go, I left my room and headed to the dining area of the barracks. As I entered, I noticed everyone was pretty quiet, and just sitting down awkwardly.

"What's going on?" I asked curiously, seeing everyone a little uncomfortable.

One of the soldiers sitting down, pointed to a table in a corner. I looked in the direction he was pointing, and saw princess Tessia casually sitting at the table drinking tea, while wearing a white sundress.

'What's she doing here?'

I walked over to the table, and noticed princess Tessia's eyes flick to me. She gave me a warm smile as I approached.

"Good morning Arthur. How was your shower?" Princess Tessia asked.

"Good morning princess, it was go-. How did you know I was in the shower?" I asked curiously.

"Don't worry, I didn't sneak into your bedroom and watch you in the shower. I would've joined you if I did that. I can just tell. Your hair is wet, and you smell good." Princess Tessia said with a smirk.

I could feel my face grow a little warm at the joining me remark.

"Oh. I see." I said with a nod.

"You sound a little disappointed there. Perhaps you would've preferred my company." Princess Tessia said with a smirk.

I could feel my face grow warmer. I opened my mouth to speak, but didn't know what to say. Princess Tessia giggled seeing my lack of words.

"I'm guessing you didn't eat yet?" Princess Tessia asked.

"No, not yet princess. I was just about to grab something." I said gesturing to the kitchen area.

"Pfft. Nonsense. I haven't eaten yet either. Lets go get some breakfast together from a nice place." Princess Tessia said with a warm smile, as she stood up from her chair.

"You haven't eaten yet? But I thought the cooks would've prepared your food at the castle already." I said confused.

"Oh they did."  Princess Tessia said with a shrug.

"Then I don't understand, why didn't you eat princess?" I asked curiously.

"Because I wanted to have breakfast with you obviously." Princess Tessia said.

I could feel the corners of my lips rise a little bit, which didn't go unnoticed. Princess Tessia smiled warmly, as she walked up and wrapped her arms around my left.

"Princess, you shouldn't do that!" I said trying to whisper.

I quickly looked around, and saw others soldiers staring at us with wide eyes. I didn't know what they would say about this, but I could see anger and jealously in some of the males looks.