Civil War 2

Arthur Leywin POV

It's been three months since the war began. Three months since we learned of the atrocities committed by Blaine Glayder. When the council was formed, it was agreed upon that all races would be equal. The council worked together to end racism, and to end slavery. Little did we know that it was all a lie.

Working In the shadows, Blaine Glayder has been promoting slavery, mostly on the Elves. Elves were a high commodity among the slavers. Then, there was Blaine's second reason for focusing on the Elves.

Blaine believed the forrest of Elshire belonged to the humans. So in secret, he's been trying to figure out ways to get though the forrest, and breach the Elven kingdom.

The Elven royal family learned of this, when lance Alea found slave traders in Elshire forrest. They had kidnapped a handful of Elven women of different ages, that were to be sold to noble men. Lance Alea interrogated the slave traders, which was when she learned it was all Blaine's doing.

Lance Alea saved the Elven women, and brought them back to Zestier. Lance Alea reported everything to the Elven royal family. To say that King Alduin was mad would be an understatement.

King Alduin and Gramps went to the floating castle with Lances Alea and Aya to confront Blaine. Queen Merial stayed behind in Zestier for her safety. When they did so, all hell broke lose. Blaine declared war on the Elven kingdom, and ordered his Lances to kill King Alduin and Gramps.

Lances Alea and Aya fought the two human lances in a devastating battle. The Dwarven council members and their lances stayed out of the fight. Queen Pricilla tried to stop Blaine, but she was killed trying to do so.

With Queen Pricilla's death, gramps and King Alduin were able to escape. Gramps knew I would protect Tess, and went to the Helstea's with Aya. Together they were able to get my family, and safety bring them to Elenoir.

Mentally broken and enraged with the queens death, King Blaine has tried to breach Elshire forest on multiple occasions. Gramps has taken military command for the war, and has fought in a few tiny skirmishes already. Sylvie and I have joined him a few times. Seeing a dragon on the battle field really struck fear in the human army.

When I wasn't on the front lines, I would be training back at the castle, or spending time with Tess. Tess would try and spend as much time with me as possible, since she was always worried whenever I went to the front lines.

Now, I was currently in the castle courtyard. I got up early this morning to train. I knew I was currently no match for a lance, so I needed to get stronger. Whenever they had time, Lances Alea and Aya would spar with me. Thanks to Aya's help, I've become adept in using sound magic.

As I stood in the center of the courtyard, I waved my left hand as I created six earth target dummies. I got into a fighting stance, as I wrapped dawns balled in fire, wind, and lightning magic.

I focused on the center between the dummies, and thrusted my sword forward. I shot out a beam of fire enhanced by wind and lightning magic. The beam hit the center between the targets, and a large explosion erupted. The six targets were consumed by the fiery explosion. As the explosion died down, I smiled as I saw the targets had been destroyed.

*clap* *clap* *clap*

"Way to go Art!"

I turned around and saw Tess walking up to me. She wore silky silver Elven robes, with a gray sash around the waist. She had her hair tied up, showing the nape of her neck. I smiled seeing how beautiful she looked.

"What are you doing up so early?" I asked smiling as she walked up to me.

Tess smiled back as she wrapped her arms around the back of my neck. I put dawns ballad back in my dimensional ring, as I gently grabbed her waist.

"Well when I woke up you were gone. So, I decided to get up as well. I figured you'd be out here, so I thought I'd come join you." Tess said happily.

"Well I'll always enjoy your company." I said happily.

I leaned down and pressed my lips to hers, as Tess and I shared a loving kiss. We held the kiss for a minute or two, before a voice caught our attention.

"Good morning you two."

Tess and I broke the kiss, and looked towards the voice. I smiled as I saw mom walking up to us with a warm smile.

"Good morning mom." I said happily.

"Good morning mother." Tess said with a smile.

"Are you two hungry? We have breakfast ready." Mom said.

"Ya I'm starving." I said as I held my stomach.

"Me too, are there pancakes? I can definitely go for some pancakes." Tess said.

Mom laughed as she nodded. "Yes, there are pancakes. Now, come on you two." Mom said as she gestured for us to follow.

Tess and I followed mom to the castle, where we made our way to the kitchen. As we made our way into the kitchen, I noticed everyone was already seated. The maids were placing plates of food down in front of everyone. My eyes drifted to Sylvie who was on the floor. Sylvie had a giant bowl of meat in front of her, that she was devouring.

"Good morning everyone." Tess said as we walked in.

"Good morning." Everyone said as we took our seats.

"How was training brat?" Gramps asked.

"It was good gramps. Still have some work to do." I said with a shrug.

Gramps just gave me a nod, as a maid placed a plate of food in front of me. We all sat at the table, and made small talk as we happily ate our breakfast.

As we ate, are eyes darted to the kitchen door, as a guard ran in.

"Your majesties! The human army is advancing on the forest!" The guard yelled.

Gramps and I stood up immediately. "Sylvie, let's go!" I yelled.

'I'm with you papa!' Sylvie said mentally as she jumped on my shoulder.

"Alea and Aya should be at the front lines already. Are you ready brat?" Gramps asked seriously.

I gave him a serious look as I nodded. "Ready gramps." I said.

As gramps and I began to walk out of the kitchen, I felt someone grab my arm. I turned around and was immediately embraced in a hug by Tess.

"Just be careful, ok." Tess said as she looked up at me.

I smiled at her as I nodded. "I'll be careful. I'll see you when I get back." I said as I leaned down and gave her a quick kiss.

We broke the hug, and I said bye to everyone as Gramps and I ran out to the front of the castle. Sylvie quickly jumped off my shoulder, and took her dragon form.

Gramps and I got onto Sylvie's back, as she leaped into the sky. Sylvie quickly flew to the border of Elshire forest. As the border came into view, my eyes grew wide.

The human army was staged outside Elshire forest. They had catapults at the ready, with fiery boulders

"Gramps..." I said seeing the size of their army.

"Looks like Blaine is done waiting. It's time to defend Elenoir." Gramps said in a serious tone.