The heart of a princess

A/U where Alacrya isn't evil.
Takes place in Elenoir
Characters have been changed
Tessia:17
Arthur:16

Tessia Eralith POV

*sigh* I let out a breath as I sat down under the tree in the castle courtyard. I looked around, seeing I was all alone. It wasn't easy being a princess. There were always so many expectations of me. I had to hold myself to a royal standard, always acting the part.

In reality, all I wanted to do was have fun, be free. Sometimes, I just felt like a prisoner within the castle walls. I didn't really even have friends to spend time with. When I was younger, kids my age would try to use me for my royal status. The only people I was really close with that weren't family, were the two lances.

I leaned back against the tree looking up into the sky. I closed my eyes smiling, enjoying the wind that blowed gentle against me face. I felt as my hair flowed in the wind. I truly felt at peace in the moment, until I heard the sound of footsteps approaching. I opened my eyes and looked to my left, as one of the maids approached.

"Good afternoon princess." The maid said with a smile.

"Afternoon." I said in a monotone voice, a little irritated with the intrusion.

"Please pardon the interruption. The King and Queen sent me to inform you that lunch is ready. They wish for you to join them in the dining room." The maid said.

I sighed as I nodded. I stood up and followed the maid into the castle. We maid our way into the dining room, where I noticed mom, dad, and grandpa already sitting at the table. Behind them were the lances, Aya Grephin, and Alea Triscan.

Aya was a tall beautiful elf with dark hair and dark eyes. She had flawless skin except for a mole under her left eye. Alea stood a little shorter then Aya, and was just as beautiful. She also had flawless skin, with beautiful blue eyes, and blonde hair.

Aya would always tease me about the suitors my father would recommend, since I would be becoming of age soon. She was easy to get along with, but annoying sometimes.

Alea was the exact opposite. She was the kind protective older sister. She always had a smile on her face, which was surprising because of her backstory. A few years ago her father disappeared from the city after the guards found out he was running a black market operation. When he ran off, he took her younger brother with him. She hasn't seen either of them since. Now it's just her, her mother, and sister.

"Good afternoon sweetie, take a seat, the food was just made." Mom said with a warm smile as I walked in.

"Of course." I said in a monotone voice, as I took my seat.

I could see my mom frown a little, at my lack of emotion. I mean could she blame me, sometimes I just hated my life, I felt so alone.

"How has your day been so far little one?" Grandpa asked with a smile.

"It's fine. Just been sitting in the courtyard." I said. My eyes then flicked to dad. "I half expected to have more suitors shoved in my face." I added with some attitude.

Dad just sighed as he looked at me. "Tessia, you will be coming of age here soon. You need to find a proper suitor to take your hand in marriage. Unfortunately I wasn't able to invite anyone today, as I've been busy dealing with the recent thieves guild criminal activities." Dad said with a sigh, as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

There were three well known guilds here in Dicathen. The adventurers guild, the assassins guild, and the thieves guild.

The adventures guild were renowned for going into the beast glades, and clearing dungeons. They were said to be great and powerful warriors and mages. I would always hear about their accolades.