Till The End Of Time

Grey Wilbeck POV

I took a calm breath and stretched my right arm across my chest. I usually wasn't ever this nervous, but everything counted on today. I knew I had to win, not just for me, but for her. I don't care who I have to fight or who I have to kill; if it meant protecting her, I would do it.

"Grey," A soothing voice said behind me.

A blissful wave washed over me, hearing the familiar voice, and I turned around. My eyes fell on a beautiful girl with fair skin, almond-shaped clear blue eyes, shoulder-length earthy brown hair, and a very feminine shapely figure. She was wearing her military academy uniform, which was more decorated with embellishments, straps, and goldwork, which set her apart from other students.

I smiled warmly as our eyes met, "Cecilia."

I stepped up to her as she tracked me with her eyes. I lifted my right hand, gently caressing her face. She hummed happily, nuzzling her head into my palm. I slowly leaned down, giving her a loving kiss, feeling her soft lips against mine. We slowly broke the kiss, and I pressed my forehead against hers as we smiled warmly, staring into each other's eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered.

Cecilia chuckled, "Did you really think I was going to miss this?" Her smile slowly faded, and she looked at me, slightly concerned. "You don't need to do this, you know."

I sighed, "There's no other way."

"There has to be," Cecilia said as tears formed in her eyes. "We can run away and never look back."

I shook my head, "Vera will always find us."

Cecilia looked down, "Because of me." She scoffed, "Because I'm the Legacy."

I moved my hand from her cheek, gently grabbing her chin. I lifted her head so her eyes met mine.

"Don't blame yourself," I said, trying to console her.

Cecilia shook her head, "How can I not? We're in this position because of me. You only agreed to this tournament for me. To take my place. Even as King, Vera will try to control you."

I smiled softly, "I don't care. All that matters is that you're safe. I'll go through hell and back for you."

A stray tear fell down Cecilia's cheek, "I don't want you sacrificing your life for me."

I leaned in, giving her a soft kiss, "You are my life," I whispered.

Cecilia smiled warmly and wrapped her arms around me, bringing me into a warm embrace. I returned the hug, holding her close and placing my chin on the top of her head.

"Everything will be ok," I reassured.

"How do you know," She asked, keeping her head against me.

I smiled, "Because as long as we're together, we can get through anything."

Cecilia chuckled and looked up as I took my chin off the top of her head. We continued to look at each other until the sound of footsteps behind me caught our attention. Cecilia and I broke our embrace and looked toward the footsteps, seeing a military member approaching us.

They stopped a few feet away from us, staring at me blankly, "Grey Wilbeck. It's time."

I took a breath, looked at him seriously, and nodded, "Understood."

The man signaled me to follow him before he turned and walked off. I looked at Cecilia, and we shared a quick smile before we followed him. We soon made it to the entrance to the arena, which was a large coliseum. I looked to the center of the fighting area, where two individuals were standing. The first individual was dressed in a military outfit and would be our official referee for the match. The second individual would be my opponent and someone I knew all too well.