A Dragon Princess 3

Tessia stirred as she began to wake, feeling silky bedsheets as she stretched her arms and legs. Her eyes fluttered open, seeing the smooth gray ceiling of her room in Dracthyria. Her room was average size, with a brown wooden wardrobe, dresser, two brown wooden nightstands, and a full-size bed. There was a light-emitting stone embedded into the wall that emitted a dim light. She could increase the light or turn it off entirely by just tapping the stone.

After she left the throne room with Lilia, Lilia escorted Tessia to the armory to get some leather armor. After that, she took her straight to a bedroom that Lilia said would be her's as long as she stayed here. How she got to this bedroom, she couldn't remember. 

Dracthyria was a maze to her. The large room they first entered when they arrived led to several hallways that contained hundreds of rooms, and Tessia had no idea where they led. She asked Lilia how she knew where she was going in a place so prominent, but Lilia only said she knew the place like the back of her hand, and left it at that.

Tessia looked to her left at the analog clock sitting on her nightstand, going wide-eyed and cursing. It was currently ten minutes past five in the morning, and Lilia told her to be out of her room by five thirty. Tessia scrambled out of bed in nothing but a bra and underwear since she had no night clothes. She ran to the wardrobe, pulling out new undergarments for the day that Lilia provided her yesterday. 

She ran to the shower and washed her body as quickly as possible before she jumped out and dried herself off. Putting on her undergarments, wincing at the bra being a little tight, she ran to her dresser, pulled out a black tank top, and then approached the wardrobe. Dawning the tank top, she opened the wardrobe, which contained three pairs of leather armor: pants, a jacket, and thigh-high boots. 

Tessia quickly pulled on her leather pants, which were surprisingly comfortable, and then her thigh-high boots. She grabbed her jacket and ran to the door. She shoved her right arm through the jacket sleeve, opened the door, and froze. Lilia was leaning against the wall across from her door, arms crossed and eyes closed. 

Hearing Tessia's door open, Lilia opened her eyes. She saw Tessia with her jacket halfway on, standing in her doorway, wide-eyed with surprise. Lilia stared at Tessia blankly before looking at the pocket watch in her hands.

"You're five minutes late," Lilia said flatly. "Not a good start."

Composing herself, Tessia cleared her throat, stepped out into the hallway, and shoved her left arm into her other jacket sleeve, "Sorry. I-"

"Don't care," Lilia snapped and started to walk down the hallway. She stored her pocket watch away and, without looking back, ordered, "Follow me."

Tessia closed the door behind her, zipped up her jacket, and quickly began to follow Lilia. She fell in step behind Lilia and asked, "Where are we going?"

"To get you food," Lilia answered.

Seeing Lilia was in no mood to answer questions, Tessia bit her tongue and nodded, following Lilia in silence. The hallway was wide and made of gray stone like everything else, with light-emitting stones lining the ceiling above them. There were doors on either side of the hallway with a number engraved above each door. She remembered the number above her room was 26109. 

"Are all these bedrooms?" Tessia asked curiously.

"In this hallway, yes," Lilia said flatly.

Tessia looked at Lilia inquisitively, "Not all hallways have bedrooms?"

"No," Lilia replied. 

"What do they have then?"

Lilia sighed, "Rooms for other things. Like stores."