Allegiance 10

"Good morning," The young brown-haired male waiter greeted. Tessia and Arthur looked up from their menus and smiled at the waiter as they approached their table. "I can take your drink orders if you're ready."

"I'll take a glass of water," Tessia said kindly.

"Same for me," Arthur said and gestured under the table. "And can I please get a bowl of water for my bond?"

The waiter curiously tilted their head at Arthur's question and looked down under the table. His eyes fell on Sylvie, who was sitting down, wagging her fluffy tail, and looking at the waiter with a cute smile.

The waiter's eyes widened, thinking how cute Sylvie was, "Oh, well, hello there, little fox!"

"Kyu!" Sylvie chirped and pawed at the air like she was waving at the waiter.

The waiter chuckled, stood straight, and nodded at Arthur, "Of course, I'll get her a bowl of water. I'll be right back!"

The waiter turned and walked away from the table, shooting one last look at Sylvie, and waved at her.

Tessia giggled at the waiter's action and looked at Arthur with an amusing smile, "It seems Sylvie is the spotlight of this breakfast."

Arthur looked at Tessia and chuckled, "She tends to have that effect." He gestured to Tessia, "It happened to you too."

"Hmmm," Tessia hummed and tilted her head to the right, trying to think of what Arthur meant. "When?"

"Back at the courtyard in the floating castle," Arthur responded jovially.

"Ah," Tessia said, remembering what he meant, with memories of her seeing Sylvie for the first time, sniffing her ankle, surfaced in her mind. She smiled and looked at Arthur, "That's also where we first met if you recall."

"Well, it was yesterday, so I would hope I remember," Arthur jested, and Tessia laughed a little. "But," Arthur leaned over the table and looked at Sylvie, who was scratching herself behind her ear. "I think Sylvie took the spotlight then, too."

'Not my fault I'm cuter than you,' Sylvie snickered.

'And you're far more cuter when you've had a bath,' Arthur retorted, and Sylvie grumbled.

Tessia smiled humorously, "Are you saying you didn't just use Sylvie to gain my attention and eventually take me out?"

Arthur's hand that he was using to hold his weight up on the table while looking down at Sylvie slipped, and he slightly fell forward, caught off guard by Tessia's question. He sat up straight and looked at Tessia, surprised, only to smile with relief seeing her humourous smile, immediately knowing she was joking.

Arthur chuckled, deciding to reciprocate the joke, and gestured to Tessia, "And here I was hoping you didn't notice." He playfully slumped back in his chair. "I guess my scheme wasn't that elaborate after all."

Playing along, Tessia shook her head, "No, my dear Arthur, it was not."

Arthur and Tessia smiled and broke into laughter, looking at each other, pleasantly enjoying their breakfast, even though it had just started. Tessia was glad to finally be able to relax with someone who wasn't her family and didn't treat her like a Princess, even with her assumptions about Arthur. Arthur was having a wonderful time just simply joking around with Tessia. He felt close to her, almost like he'd known her for a long time, and found her easy to get along with.

All the while, Sylvie was under the table, rolling her eyes, 'And now they're joking with each other. Date? Check.'

Arthur ignored Sylvie's comment and looked to the side, seeing the waiter approaching with the waters. Tessia followed his gaze, and she and Arthur moved their menus out of the way so the waiter could place their glasses of water on the table. The waiter then grabbed the small ceramic bowl of water they were carrying and put it on the floor beside Sylvie. Sylvie let out a cute "Kyu" before she began drinking the water, gaining a chuckle from Arthur, Tessia, and the waiter.