Tale of the Ultima's Promise

Hundreds of years passed since the creation of the Staff of Aine and the continuation of the Goddess' lineage. Livana's son kept the promise he made between himself and his mother, studying magic and learning how to use his powers and staff for the good of the people. And when he grew up and had his own family, he entrusted the Staff of Aine to his son, telling him the story of his mother and teaching him all about their power and magic.

With each generation, the power that Livana left behind grew more powerful, evolving into something even fierce and bright than the previous generations. It was just as Livana planned, and from her dimension, she watched her family continue on and her power grow within them. However, because her power was so strong, only one child was born in each generation, making it easier to hide from the people of the world. After a couple hundreds of years, politically powerful people heard of the Aine family line and tried to control them from the time they were children.

The only way to combat this desire for the Aine family line control was to go into hiding, only revealing their powers when they knew no one could see them. People thought of these bursts of powers as miracles from the heavens, and they were right in a way, but never again did the Aine family show their faces. 

 Livana kept her family safe from her dimension, making sure that her prophecy, a child from her line being born with enough strength to take in her power, would come to be. Secretly, she never wanted that darkness to come, as she never wanted a child to go through such terror and despair. But it had to be done.

Suddenly, her dimension began to shake terribly, something that only happens when the light is shifting into darkness. After first, she believed that it was finally time for her prophecy to come to fruition, but it didn't feel like it. It clawed at her skin, like a wolf's claws digging into her very being. That's when it hit her: The God of Wolves.

Livana rushed to her lake, looking deep into its rippling surface and saw a man crying underneath a blood red moon, a dead wolf at his feet and his body transforming into a terrifying creature. A powerful curse that would spread to the man's offspring and continue for all time. Much like how her promise to her son made her power continue through her family line.

"God of Wolves, what have you done?" She called out, and a face appeared in the water. A man dressed in wolf fur. He had the body of a man, but the head of a wolf, red tribal marks staining the dark fur under his bright yellow eyes with nothing but hatred and anger glowing within them.

The God snarled at the Goddess through the water.

"That man did a heinous crime against my dear wolves, using him as nothing more as a sacrifice to appease a demon in exchange for a selfish desire for the warmth of his deceased wife!" The wolf God shouted, "I will not stand for the merciless killing and sacrifice of my kind for his selfish desire!"

"Then punish the man, not his entire family line!" Livana shouted back, "There is no need for his descendants to suffer for his mistake! This is not what we were meant to do!"

"It's too late. The curse has taken hold of his soul and bloodline, and I will never take it back."

The God disappeared from the reflection in the water, but Livana's rage towards the God didn't. She knew that the man did a terrible thing and that he needed to be punished for sacrificing a helpless wolf to a demon for a life that can never be brought back, but that doesn't mean that his entire family line has to suffer along with him. Livana sat at the edge of the lake, thinking of a way to save this man, but even though she is a powerful Goddess, if the curse has truly bonded with his bloodline, then there is nothing she can do from this realm. She can't leave her realm, not without a vessel to travel through, and that vessel wouldn't be coming for quite some time.