The Perfect Tree

~~~~Airis~~~~

I stood next to Ms. Aphmau as she stood still innthe living room looking for something. I had noticed it too, that something wasn't right about the house, but I couldn't figure out what was wrong.

"It just doesn't feel right." Ms. Aphmau said. I nodded in agreement. Though I haven't decorated anything for Christmas before, even I could tell that something was off about the house.

"Hey, are you two okay?" We heard Ms. Katelyn ask behind us, "You've been mumbling to yourself for a bit now."

"Well, it's just, we've decorated the house both inside and out, and we even baked the cookies and gave them all out. But something is missing, something I don't see, and it has to do with something that's.... green." Ms. Aphmau said, rhyming the entire time.

"Well, you're not allowed to watch Christmas specials anymore." Ms. Katelyn said.

"Katelyn-sama, Kawaii-chan has been feeling the same way, too." Ms. Kawaii-chan said, "Don't you feel that something us missing?"

"Hmm. Now that you mention it, you're right. But what is it?"

"I've gotten the presents for all of my friends, I've been shopping for what seems like no end. But of all the Christmas harmony, I'm not sure what it could be."

"Aphmau, could you please stop with the Christmas rhymes? I don't want you doing that all the time. Wait, I mean.... Ugh, no, that rhymes. Great, now I've caught it."

Ms. Aphmau and Ms. Kawaii-chan laughed.

"No, but seriously, what are we missing?" Ms. Aphmau said. Just then, the door bell rang and she went to answer it.

A minute later, Ms. Aphmau came back with a big smile on her face.

"That's it! A Christmas tree." She shouted, and everything became clear.

"How did we forget the tree?" Ms. Katelyn wondered.

"We've been so busy this holiday season, what with the moving to this place, then taking care of Airis and all." Ms. Kawaii-chan said.

"That settles it." Ms. Aphmau said, "We need to get a tree, the biggest and best one in the neighborhood."

I smiled and got excited. It would be my first time decorating a Christmas tree! I would make an amazing tree myself, but that would take a lot of energy. Plus, why not find a tree without the help of magic? It would be more fun that way!

"It's almost Christmas. Where would we even find a tree so late in the year? They're probably all sold out." Ms. Aphmau said.

"The forest!" Ms. Kawaii-chan suggested.

Ms. Aphmau chuckled, "I hate to tell you this, Kawaii-chan, but we're not exactly lumberjacks. Getting a tree from the forest isn't all too easy, especially since we live in the middle of the suburbs. And the closest forest with good pine trees is about... one maybe two hours away. So..."

"Well, why don't we try the Home Depot?" Ms. Katelyn suggested, but I got confused. What was a Home Depot?

I wrote down my question and handed my notebook to Ms. Katelyn.

"Oh, right, you've probably never been to a Home Depot, have you Airis?" She asked. I shook my head.

"Well, Home Depot is a place where you can find all sorts of supplies for home improvement. You know, like appliances, decorations, and when in season, Christmas trees." She explained, helping me understand better.

"You'd really think they'd have Christmas trees?" Ms. Aphmau asked.

"Yeah, they probably would... but to be honest, they'd probably have some really dinky ones about now."