Cat and New Home

Airis sat on Aaron's lap, fiddling with one of his gloves while she, Aaron, Zane and Aphmau sat in the park.

"Well, that dinner wasn't awkward at all." Zane scoffed.

"Seemed pretty normal to me." Aaron said sarcastically, everyone thinking back to the dinner they had with Aaron's sister, Melissa, earlier that day.

~~~~~

"Melissa, heh, great to see you!" Aaron chuckled nervously.

"Mmhm." Melissa hummed, glaring at her younger brother.

The awkward silence stayed for a moment before Zianna broke it to ease the tension.

"Ahem, well, it's great to see everyone here!" Zianna said to change the topic, "Family is SO important to the Ro'Meave Corporation."

"Oh, well, I'm glad to hear that." Melissa smiled, "Family is VERY  important to the Lycan Corporation as well. We take our responsibilities VERY seriously." 

"Really, because last I remember the limits of the Corporation CEO pretty much IGNORED their son and daughter growing up." Aaron said.

"Hmph! Well, adults have their reasons. After all, family should be grateful some take the time to put food on their plates." Melissa shot back.

"Speaking f food, where's ours?" Garroth asked, trying to change the conversation

"There's more to family than money, Melissa." Aaron shouted back ignoring Garroth.

"Ooh, sibling rivalry." Zane said, "It's nice to see it on the other side of the table this time."

"Why? Afraid you'll lose, Zane?" Garroth chuckled.

"What do I have to lose?" Zane shot back, "It's not like dad is pressuring me to take over the company."

"Hey!"

"Okay! Boys, let's calm down." Zianna said.

"Right.... So, Melissa, I take it you are to inherit your parents' company?" Zane asked.

"Actually, I'll be inheriting Vice-Presidency due to my choice." Melissa said.

"Does that mean Aaron will take over the company?" Airis asked from Melissa's lap. The older woman got attached to the little girl very quickly, much like the rest of the people around the table, and would not let her go, much to Aaron's annoyance.

Melissa looked down and smiled at the little girl, "That's right, that is if Aaron would take it."

Aaron was about to argue back when the food came. Airis could feel the tension around the table, and though she tried to lighten the mood once in a while, not even her cheerful nature could break it.

~~~~~~

"Aaron, I'm the middle of two siblings. So trust me that I say that situation was awkward." Zane said.

"That sounds bad." Airis said.

"Uh... I'm used to those kind of dinners with my family." Aaron groaned.

"Aaron, it was a little awkward." Aphmau said.

"Sorry, it's just, I always try to get along with her but, she tends to be very business-y about things." Aaron explained, "We didn't have a normal childhood. Our parents were always out on business trips."

Airis could understand Aaron's pain. She didn't have a normal childhood filled with friends, but as least she had her mother and father. But they weren't normal either, and stayed in complete isolation. Maybe that's why it all happened.