Decoration Fight

~~~~Airis~~~~

The night was cold as the snow had barely begun to melt. The night sky was bright, and the moon was full, shining down on the crisp white clearing.

I saw the trees swaying in the cold breeze, and the stars twinkling in the bright sky above me. But I was not focused on what should've been a beautiful sight. I was focused on a different sight. A sight that would forever haunt my days.

The snow that was once pure ans clean, was slowly being stained a deep crimson color. The once beautiful white color I had always loved, was now becoming something I had always feared.

The crimson shade of red.... a color I had for the longest time through was beautiful. Now it haunted my nightmares.

I followed the trail of crimson to two figures that lay motionless on the snow covered ground. My blood ran cold at the sight of them.

A woman with blue hair, her face becoming pale and her skin growing cold. The white dress she wore was now stained just the same as the snow beneath her.

A man with black hair and dark skin like mine. Only, his skin was like the woman's, pale and cold. His black shirt had gotten stained a darker shade as crimson pooled beneath him.

They both lay in the snow, their eyes looking towards me as they tried to smile, but were not able to.

"Mama! Papa!" I screamed, running to them and collapsing onto my knees by their sides. I was so terrified. The crimson color pouring out from their chests and staining the snow beneath them even faster.

"Mama! Papa! We need to get up! We need to run!" I screamed, trying to get them to stand, but even though I was so young, I knew in the back of my mind that they wouldn't be going anywhere. I knew they were leaving me. I just didn't want to believe it.

"I'm so sorry, my love." Mama said, her voice so soft and broken as tears spilled from her eyes, "We can't.... be by your side anymore."

"We're so sorry... my little one." Papa said, his voice sounding just like Mama's, "I know this will be hard... but you have to stay strong..."

I finally felt my own tears fall down my cold cheeks.

"But I don't want you to go!" I shouted, "I don't want you to sleep!"

Mama and Papa smiled at me, then looked down at their pendants. The stones they held so close and never took off. I had always loved those stones. They were so beautiful to me.

"Sweetie, we want you to do something for us... okay?" Mama said, "Take our stones and keep them close always... That way, we'll always be with you."

I didn't know what to do. They were going to sleep forever, and they wanted me to take the things they cared for so much?

"But..."

"I heard something over there!" A loud voice said from the trees. A rough voice that drilled fear into me.

"Please, Airis... do as your mother says." Papa said.

Suddenly, before I could even take their stones from them, the stones detached themselves from their chains and floated over to my own necklace. The stones attached themselves to my chain, which held my own special stone.