Worried About Being Gone

Airis sat in the living room watching a movie on the tv, eating a small bowl of popcorn while sitting on the couch. Aaron was doing another business call and Aphmau was with Zane again. For the past few days, Aaron had been busy with his business calls and even though Aphmau would take her to hang out with the others, she started to miss Aaron.

She hardly ever saw him when he wasn't on a business call with his family and their company, and when she would be able to talk to him, it wasn't for very long. He would mostly just say goodnight when she went to bed. Airis was constantly worrying about Aaron, just the same as Aphmau.

In her few years of being alive, she had never seen a couple like this. Her parents were attached to the hip, never being apart for too long. They were always smiling and always happy right up to the moment they died. And yet, watching how Aphmau and Aaron were acting, so distant and sad with how everything was going.

In all honesty, it terrified her to the core. She had seen how happy Aaron and Aphmau were together, their souls couldn't have been more of a match from what she had seen. It would be terrible if they had to be broken apart, and she was afraid that she would be alone without a mother and father again.

Just then, both Aaron and Airis heard the doorbell. Airis stayed on the couch and Aaron went to answer the door. 

"Hey, Aaron." Garroth's voice said from the door, "I just wanted to talk to you for a bit. Think I could come in?"

"Sure...?" Aaron answered in confusion, inviting him inside, "Airis, could you leave us alone for a minute?"

"Okay." Airis said, and left to go to her room, only, she made it up half the stairs and listened in on their conversation. 

"What's all this about?" Aaron asked.

"My Mom got a call from your parents." Garroth answered.

"Wuh... wait, wait, wait... Is this about our family's business?" Aaron groaned in frustration, "Garroth, I REALLY don't want to talk about this today. I had enough of it yesterday."

"I know, but as the future C.E.O of the Ro'meave corporation---"

"Wait, wait, wait." Aaron cut him off, "YOU are taking over the company?! I thought you said you didn't want to!"

"I'm going to eventually..."

"This does NOT sound like the Garroth I know... Did you change your mind?"

Garroth hummed quietly.

"Garroth?"

Once again, Garroth hummed, answering Aaron's question. 

"So, Fine!" Garroth shouted, "Your parents called in a favor of.... My parents to get me to tell you that... Hopefully, it would inspire you to... Go home?"

Airis' heart stopped beating for the just a moment.

"Aaron's.. going home...." Airis thought to herself, fear filling her entire body at the thought of Aaron leaving her and Aphmau.

Though she would be happy for Aaron to be close to his family, but she couldn't help but feel a little selfish that she wanted Aaron to stay with her and Aphmau.

"MRGH! No!" Aaron shouted in frustration, "Garroth, I can not believe you'd go along with their plan!"

"I'm sorry but, mommy asked in a way I couldn't refuse!" Garroth said regretfully, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay... It's just--" Aaron sighed, "My family has been trying to get back into my life these past few months. And I KNOW it's not for good reasons."