Family Secrets

Aphmau stood in the kitchen cooking dinner for her, Aaron and Airis, the latter two outside thinking and talking about the conversation from earlier. The decision on whether or not Aaron should make Aphmau a werewolf through his curse.

She sighed and looked down, "I've thought about this through and through. And I'm glad. I'm I was able to get it off my chest. This year... the changes he must've been through, and the trauma Airis had to endure. Then learning about his and Airis' eyes... I had no idea how much they had to go through to hide them. One small trigger could set them off. That anger... that rage... that isn't Aaron or Airis. They're constantly reminded that they're different."

Aphmau thought back to the previous days. Hearing about Aaron and Airis being discriminated because they were werewolves. Her mother making a comment about Aaron being cute as a werewolf. Even Katelyn and Travis being shocked by Aaron's werewolf identity.

"Even though they're the same Aaron and Airis, the same ones I love... I just want to show them that I can be a werewolf and yet also be myself. I want to show Aaron that being a werewolf isn't who he is, but is just an aspect of his life. And I want to show Airis that there's nothing to be afraid of being a werewolf in this world. She needs to grow up like any other little girl, embraced with love, understanding and compassion. They've looked out for me all this time, now, it's my turn toe return the favor. Honestly, I need to be more open with them, just like I was before. I'm glad I was just straight out honest with them."

Her face beamed, "That's right! Good couples and families use communication to work out their issues. Lack of communication means problems, and I don't want no problems. No ma'am, get those problems out of my face. I'll be the best girlfriend and mom ever!"

Just then, her phone rang, the caller being Zane.

"Zane?" She answered the call, "Hello?"

"I went on a date with Kawaii~Chan all by myself." Zane said so proud of himself. 

"Really? Congratulations!" Aphmau cheered.

"Thanks."

"Was it nice?"

"It was. I-- Well, first I wanted to brag that I did this without your help."

"I'm so proud of you."

"Second, I wanted to thank you and Aaron for not helping me out with this."

Aphmau hummed in confusion.

"I know that I tend to yell and complain a lot. And I do it because I have you to rely on. I guess I got too comfortable. I forget sometimes that I have to do things on my own and face my own problems."

"Well, it's not bad to ask us for advice." Aphmau said, "But you are right. You do have to face things on your own, even if you feel that you might upset someone. You have to talk about things. It's the foundation of a good relationship."

"Sounds like you have some confidence there."

"I do! Hey, Zane...? Do you think we could finish this conversation tomorrow? I'm cooking at the moment and..."

"Say no more. I know that you need full concentration while cooking." Zane snickered.

"Oh wow, that sounds like the tone of someone I am never cooking for again."

"NO!!! I LOVE YOUR COOKING!!!" Zane shouted, but Aphmau hung with a cheeky smirk on her face, "I'm happy for Zane and Kawaii~Chan. I'm hoping the best for them if they decide to take things further."

All of a sudden, Aphmau heard the pot behind her boiling over and she hurried to fix it just as Aaron and Airis walked in.

"Is everything okay?" Aaron asked.