Break In

Aphmau, Aaron and Airis sat on the beach, the same beach that Aphmau and Aaron reunited after their year apart. They had just texted the rest of the group that they wanted to talk, but didn't tell them anything about the topic. After all, they wanted to surprise them with the engagement announcement and to tell them in private.

Airis spent some of their time waiting playing in the sand, using a little bit of her magic to form shapes in the sand. She smiled as she waited excitedly for the others to come, imagining what kind of reactions they would have.

"How do you think they'll react, Airis?" The voice asked amused by the girl's imagination.

"Well, Uncle Garroth is gonna cry for sure. Auntie Lucinda will squeal and tell Mama and Papa that it was finally time for them to get engaged. Uncle Zane will probably have to help Auntie Kawaii~Chan with her explosive squealing. And Auntie Kim will be so happy to see Mama and Papa together."

The voice chuckled, "Well, they deserve it, truly. Aaron and Aphmau have been through quite a lot together, especially a year ago."

Airis nodded, "I know, we all have. But the scars make us stronger, right?"

The voice agreed with Airis, happy to hear the girl repeat words that they once said when Airis was locked away like a rapid animal just a couple of years ago. How far the little girl had come.

Just then, the three heard quick footsteps run up to them.

"Aaron, Aphmau, Airis!" Zane shouted as he and the others ran onto the beach, "Are you three okay?"

"We got your text." Lucinda said.

Aphmau chuckled at their concerned tones, barely noticing that her face was burning bright red, "We're fine."

"Your faces are red. Are you guys sick?" Lucinda asked.

"N-No. We just have a very special announcement."

Aaron picked up Airis and looked down at his Fiancée, then they took a deep breath and turned back to their confused friends.

"We're engaged!" they announced.

"And Papa's gonna adopt me!" Airis added, making sure to cover her werewolf ears.

Lucinda squealed in excitement while the others looked both shocked and elated by the announcement.

"No way! Now way! Oh, it's about time!" Lucinda said her eyes wide and sparkling from joy.

"That's amazing!" Kim said.

"This is wonderful! Congratulations!" Garroth cried.

Zane sniffed back a tear but smiled under his mask, "You guys...." But then he remembered Kawaii~Chan, "Wait.... Kawaii~Chan...?"

Kawaii~Chan looked to the sandy beach, her body shaking from her excitement.

"Kawaii~Chan?" Zane called out again, and this time, the Mei~fwa couldn't hold it in. She cheered loudly and squealed while she jumped into the air as high as she could before landing in the water and floating their motionless for a few moments.

"Oh Irene." Zane sighed.

"Did she just... die?" Garroth asked.

"That's an understatement." Zane answered.

Kawaii~Chan got out of the water, rushed to the newly engaged family and scooped Airis from Aaron's arms to hug her tightly.

"I cannot believe that! You guys, you guys, you guys!" Kawaii~Chan cried as she cuddled Airis, "I love you guys so much!"