House visit

☆Quick little side note before we begin. I'm the type of author that likes to write a lot of everything in every fanfiction I write. Which means I write almost every single episode and that includes most of the fillers as well. Please do not hate me for writing the fillers, it just helps me go along with the story properly. Thank you. Now on with the story.☆

~~~~Aphmau~~~~

It has been almost an entire week since the incident with those two kidnappers. Sure enough, as the police officers told us, the morning after they left, a social worker came to our house and inspected every corner.

She introduced herself as Elliott Resse, and came highly recommended for cases like Airis. As in, children who were found with the scarring she had.

For an entire two hours, she walked around the house, trying to find anything that posed any kind of danger to Airis. She even checked our fridge to see if we had enough healthy foods for Airis, as she didn't seem to be eating well before she came to our house.

After her inspection, she told us that she found nothing wrong except that there wasn't a place for Airis to sleep. However, considering that she was still pretty young, and wouldn't leave my side for a long time, the social worker decided that Airis could sleep in my room until we could find the space, or when Airis felt comfortable enough to stay by herself.

All of us agreed to make sure that Airis was safe and cared for. It was best for her. After around three hours, of both her inspection and explanation of the rules we had to follow to care for Airis, she asked to talk to me privately.

I sent Airis with Katelyn and Kawaii-chan to the kitchen to prepare lunch.

"Ms. Aphmau, I have to explain one more thing pertaining to the little one's future." She said.

I nodded, "Okay, what is it?" I asked.

She took a piece of paper from her clipboard and handed it to me. When I took and read what the paper was, I was surprised and confused to see that it was a list of requirements. But not just any requirements. They were requirements for permanent custody.

"Every foster mother and or father has a choice to permanently take custody of their foster child. You know, adoption. If all of your paperwork is in proper order, and all of my visits have been given good reports, you will have the option to either let Airis go back into the foster care system, or take the option to adopt her as your daughter. You will be given one year to make this decision, that is if my visits are proven to be good reports. Do you understand?" She explained.

I was silent the entire time she was explaining this, and I was mostly concerned with how to make Airis stayed safe and secure.

I never really imagined myself as a mother. I mean, I've always wanted kids, but I never really imagined myself adopting a child. I nodded to the social worker and told her that I understood everything.

She smiled, wished me luck and left with a final goodbye. I looked back down at the paper, smiled and folded it before putting it into my pocket and joining my friends and foster child for lunch.

Airis was slowly opening up, but I never pushed her to tell us anything she wasn't ready to say. In fact, during the days after the social visit, she still hasn't said a single word. All she does is write in the notebook I have her, and even with that, she doesn't answer a whole lot.

What was even stranger was the fact that we had never seen her right eye. She always covered it with her bangs and when we tried to brush her hair every morning, she forcibly held her bangs over her right eye. We didn't know why she did that, but we couldn't push her.