Blast From The Past

It was another beautiful day at Love~Love Paradise, with the sun shining brightly in the clear blue sky and the waves cold and refreshing. Mostly everyone was at the beach having fun at the volleyball courts. Airis sat on Aaron's lap with Garroth and Dante on the sides while Aphmau and Katelyn played volleyball below.

"Watch out, Katelyn." Aphmau shouted as she hit the volleyball over the net.

"Nice shot." Katelyn complimented as she hit the ball back and forth with Aphmau. Airis smiled at how much fun they seemed to be having, and wanted to get in on the next game.

"Wow." Garroth and Dante said in awe.

"She's beautiful." Aaron said watching Aphmau. Airis nodded in agreement.

Suddenly, a strange alarm rang out. Garroth pulled out his phone and saw that the alarm was coming from him.

"Oh, it's almost..." He trailed off, "I mean, I-- uh, I'm going to head back to the house. I need to get out of the sun. Don't want to get too tan." Garroth then ran away.

"He wasn't even sitting in the sun. Right, Airis?" Aaron asked and Airis nodded again, still keeping her eyes on the volleyball game.

Aphmau groaned when she landed on the sand after missing Katelyn's shot, making the volleyball fly off into the sand a ways away from the court.

"Haha!" Katelyn laughed, "That makes us even. Next round is gamepoint, then it's going to be me against Airis. Isn't that right, Airis?" Airis nodded in excitement, "Now fetch."

Aphmau scoffed, "You don't tell me what to do. I'll go get it when I want to." 

Aphmau stood around silent for a few moments, "Okay, I'm gonna go get it now."

She ran off to get the volleyball, but it was picked up by another set of hands.

"Um, excuse me, I--" Aphmau gasped when she looked up and saw a very familiar face smiling at her. It was a girl the same age as her with dark skin, brown eyes and brown hair. She was wearing a yellow swimsuit top and a pair of pink bikini bottoms.

"Still as feisty as ever, I see." The girl said.

"T-Teony?" Aphmau stuttered out in surprise. 

"In the flesh." The girl, Teony, answered with a chuckle.

~~~~

Aphmau, Katelyn and the newly found Teony went back to the house to continue their reunion.

"Oh, Teony! It's so good to see you!" Aphmau exclaimed with a squeal. 

"We've missed you so much!" Katelyn said happily.

"And I've missed you ladies, too." Teony said, "I'm sorry I haven't been able to reach out. I've just been so busy with my job."

"Ah, we understand."

"I can't believe I ran into you guys here. So glad I managed to get tickets."

"Hey, where'd you guys go?" Dante shouted as he, Aaron and Airis ran into the house from the beach, "We were just at the beach and-"

Dante stopped talking when he saw Teony, fear running down his spine as she stared at both him and Aaron. Airis, nervous about this new stranger, hid behind Aaron while clutching onto his swim trunks.

The awkward silence was broken Celestia came running down the stairs barking at the group.

"Ah, Puppy!" Teony shouted, "Oh my gosh, you're one of the cutest puppies I've ever seen! What's your name?"