Little Brother Ro'Meave

~~~~Airis~~~~

It had been about a couple of weeks since I made my first sound. My first laugh since I started living with Ms. Aphmau. Ever since then, I've been happier, though I'm still scared to talk. I did want to talk, but my fear was always holding me back.

But one day I'll talk. Then maybe on that day, I can truly ha e a family again. Ms. Aphmay reminded me so much of Mama. Sometimes I would think she was my mother when I wake up in the morning.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang, breaking me from my train of thought.

"Coming." Auntie Katelyn said and then rushed to the door. I followed her and saw a man around Ms. Aphmau's age at the door.

He had medium colored skin, reddish brown hair and vivid green eyes. He wore a pink shirt under a brown jacket, ripped jeans and a bright green scarf. But there was something about him that seemed familiar. A kind of energy I had felt before.

"Hi, is this the home of Aphmau?" The man asked.

"Yes, who's asking?" Auntie Katelyn asked.

"Oh, sorry. My name is Vylad, I'm an old friend of hers. I was wondering if I could talk to her." The man, Vylad, introduced himself.

Auntie Katelyn backed away for a second before telling Mr. Vylad that she would be back with Ms. Aphmau.

After Auntie Katelyn walked up the stairs, I came out from around the corner, revealing myself to the mysterious new man.

I guess he noticed me from the corner of his eye, because he turned towards me with a shocked and confused expression. I gasped softly, upon seeing his face. He did look familiar.

"Hello there, little one." He greeted me. I backed away a step, but didn't take my eyes off of him.

We stood in silence for a minute until I heard Ms. Aphmau and Auntie Katelyn talking near the stairs. Auntie Katelyn left Ms. Aphmau to take a nap and the man and I waited for Ms. Aphmau to come and see who was at the door, which was only a few seconds later.

Ms. Aphmau looked at the doorway and saw Mr. Vylad before quickly gasping in surprise.

"Vylad?" She gasped then ran up to hug him tightly.

"Aphmau! Hey!" Mr. Vylad greeted happily as they parted from the hug.

"Oh, Vylad, it's so good to see you."

"It's great to see you, too."

"Well, don't just stand at the door, come on in." Ms. Aphamu turned around and saw me standing around the corner.

"Airis, what are you doing hiding in the corner? Come and greet our guest." Ms. Aphmau said.

She walked over to me and I grabbed her hand, looking back at Mr. Vylad.

"I noticed the little one just a minute ago. Mind introducing me to her, Aphmau?" Mr. Vylad asked.

"Oh, right, you don't know." Ms. Aphmau said, picking me up and balancing me on her hip.

"Vylad, I'd like you to meet my foster daughter, Airis. Airis, this is Vylad, an old friend of mine back in high school. He's super nice, so no need to be nervous."

I nodded and waved at Mr. Vylad, who had a surprised look on his face.

"A-A-A foster daughter? Since when?" He asked in his shock.

"It happened last year. A lot of crazy things happened and now I'm taking care of her. I'll explain everything later. For now, let's get inside. I'd love to catch up with you, Vylad." Ms. Aphmau explained, leading Mr. Vylad to the living room where we all sat down on the couch.