Night with Secrets

Aphmau and a few of the girls decided that they would go out on a girls night out with each other, and as much as Airis wanted to go with them, it was a bar and only adults could go in there. So, she had to stay with Aaron. Not that she wasn't opposed to that idea, but she kind of wanted to hang out with the women a little bit. 

It was around evening time and Aphmau had just finished getting ready for her evening out with the other girls. She was holding Airis in her arms and cooing at her puppy, Celestia.

"Okay, Aaron." She said to her boyfriend, "Celestia's food is under the sink in the kitchen. But I have to hide her doggy treats, she keeps getting into them. Airis' snacks are in the fridge, but don't let her eat too many strawberries, okay? She's been eating nothing but those lately. The number for the place is on the fridge. Toys are in the back in my room, and um... oh! Remember, Celestia's dog vitamins are in the-"

"Hehe." Aaron chuckled, "You know I can take care of Celestia and Airis."

"I know, I know, but these are my babies. My sweet little chubby babies! Ohh!! And I'm gonna worry about them while I'm gone."

"What about me?" Aaron joked.

"Oh. You have Celestia and Airis. You'll be fine." Aphmau brushed off.

"Huh... I see... well, Celestia, Airis and I will have our own day tonight. Won't we girls?"

Celestia barked and Airis reached out for Aaron to take her into his arms. Aaron got the message and took the little girl from Aphmau's arms and held her close to him.

"Garroth asked if Celestia and Stitch could have a playdate. And since the pups are so fond of Airis, I thought it would be good to get them all together, let Airis be a kid." Aaron said.

"Awww! Adorable! Don't let Garroth give them a puppy wedding while I'm away." Aphmau gasped, "I swear, if he tries--"

"Don't worry, there's no such thing as a puppy wedding."

"Good! 'Cause, I would be annoyed if I didn't get to pick the dress."

This made Airis laugh. She had never seen a wedding dress, much less a puppy wedding dress. It must've been cute.

"Aww... then I'll have to cancel the tailor then." Aaron joked and laughed with Airis, "Hehehehe! I'm kidding, I'm kidding. She's too young. Plus, it's just a playdate for them. Celestia needs a friend. Come on you two."

Aaron took Airis and Celestia out to play with Stitch and Garroth. While the two talked, they watched Airis playing around with the puppies, laughing and being tackled by the pups before being smothered in puppy kisses.

"She's been getting better." Garroth said, "Airis isn't wary of a lot of things anymore."

Aaron nodded, "Yeah, she's been laughing a lot more than before. I think she's no longer afraid of a lot of other things. But she still has the occasional nightmare."

"She still has nightmares?" Garroth asked.

"Yeah, though she refuses to tell us about what she dreams about. Airis still doesn't speak and I'm not sure if she ever will."

"Don't worry, Aaron. She'll talk soon, when she feels like she's completely safe with us. I'm sure Airis will open up a little more as time goes on."

Aaron nodded and turned back to the little girl playing with the puppies. She was laughing and she was happy. But for some reason... Aaron felt as if some of those smiles were forced. He knew exactly what it meant to have a fake smile.

AFter a while, the sun began to go down and Aaron and Airis went back to the beach house with Celestia. Aaron quickly filled up the tub and let Airis take a bath on her own. A little girl she was, and he was embarrassed to see her like that.