My First Cat-Tastrophe

🌹Quick note before we go on to the chapter. I updated the picture of Airis's jewels in the episode "The Child". I really hope you go back and check it out. I think it's much better than the first drawing.

Thanks again! Enjoy the chapter🌹

~~~~Airis~~~~

I walked down the stairs, hoping to get a glass of warm milk, when I heard Ms. Katelyn shouting from the door entryway.

"Kawaii-chan! Come and get your cats!" She shouted, "Kawaii-chan!"

I rounded the corner and saw Ms. Katelyn with eight cats all dressed in festive holiday sweaters. Slowly I backed away from them and Ms. Katelyn.

Don't get me wrong, I like cats, but I'm more of a dog person. My favorite animal is actually a wolf. Cats were just too weird to understand, especially when they keep asking you to do things and they're too lazy to do it. Plus, they smell really strong, like litter and fish.

Just then, she spotted me at the bottom of the stairs.

"Oh, Airis, perfect timing. Is Kawaii-chan up there?" Ms. Katelyn asked. I shook my head no.

"Why are you yelling?" Ms. Aphmau asked as she went down the stairs, "Kawaii-chan isn't here. She's working the noon shift, remem-" she gasped as soon as she saw the cats.

"Are you serious? That crazy cat lady from down the street left these nine cats here for her to babysit." Ms. Katelyn complained.

"You mean cat sit?" Ms. Aphmau asked.

"Whatever! My point is, they're Kawaii-chan's responsibility and I want nothing to do with this."

"Hey, you let the crazy old lady bring them in here, so they're your responsible until Kawaii-chan gets back." Ms. Aphmau, causing Ms. Katelyn to groan.

But I got confused. Ms. Katelyn said nine cats. But there were only eight of them here.

I grabbed my notebook and scribbled away, writing down my thought and then showing it to Ms. Aphmau.

"I see eight cats." I wrote.

Ms. Aphmau read it quickly and recounted, seeing that there were really eight cats, not nine.

"Umm, Katelyn, Airis just counted eight cats and I counted the same." Ms. Aphmau said.

Ms. Katelyn groaned again, "Are you serious? One is missing? It was right here just a second ago."

Ms. Aphmau chuckled, "Are you sitting on it?"

"What? What kind of question is that? I'm not even sitting?" Ms. Katelyn answered.

"I mean, we're cat sitting, right?"

We all went silent.

"Aphmau, just... no." Ms. Katelyn sighed, "Now, we need to find that cat. I don't want it looking for a place to pee in the house."

"I hope it pees on your stuff." Ms. Aphmau grumbled.

And so, our search for the missing cat was on. While Ms. Katelyn and Ms. Aphmau went around the house searching for the missing cat, I stayed with the eight cats. I didn't trust cats. They seemed weird, epically when one of them spoke English.

I sat down on the floor and the cats surrounded me. I took out my notebook and wrote.

"So, why are you cats here?" I wrote.

"We are here to stay for a short time." One of the cats answered, "But, I smell a dog on you. Are you a dog lover?"

I shrugged my shoulders.