Heading Home pt. 2

A few days passed since the ship departed from the island, and everyone was having a good time enjoying the luxurious ride back home. At the moment, Airis, Aaron and Zane were sitting on the benches on the deck watching Garroth give Aphmau hula lessons. Albeit, not very good ones.

"So, you slept on the deck couch last night?" Zane asked Aaron.

"Yep. Didn't want to make Katelyn upset." Aaron answered, "But I did have to stop by Aphmau's room to drop Airis off. She somehow snuck out of the room and crawled onto the deck couch with me."

"But Aaron is really comfy though." Airis wrote.

"You would've gotten an earful out of me, too. Aphmau is my best friend." Zane said.

"Huh?"

"I said.... Is Garroth actually a good hula instructor?"

"I'm not sure." Aaron answered, "Dante, Airis and I took lessons with him a few times. Never took lessons from Garroth, though."

"Then let me rephrase that: Is Garroth a good Hula dancer?"

Airis shook her head with a shrug of the shoulders.

"I'll take your word for it, Airis." Zane chuckled.

"So, how did you enjoy the vacation?" Aaron asked.

"It was good. I relaxed as much as I needed an avoided the sun at all costs. What about yours?"

"It's gone great. I've gotten a lot closer to Aphmau and Airis, and this was our first summer together. But, I mean, Aph and I have known each other for a long time."

"So I've heard."

"You don't remember?"

"No, I don't. I wasn't too fond of Aphmau back in those days. I had my own idea of friends."

"Gene?" Airis wrote and Aaron said.

"Aphmau told both of you about that?" Zane sighed, "Never mind, I thought she would."

"I don't want to talk about that. I'm glad she's giving him a second chance, but... He was a real jerk to her."

"Are you jelly of him?" Airis wrote and smiled while Aaron was taken aback by the way she said jealous.

"When did--? Aphmau taught you that didn't she?" He asked and Airis nodded while Zane laughed.

"I find it cute how Airis is taking after Aphmau like that. Hahahaha!" Zane gushed and laughed evilly.

"Don't encourage them!" Aaron scolded, "But to answer your question, Airis, no I'm not. Why would I be?"

"I guess Airis is still trying to figure us out bit by bit." Zane patted the girl on the head affectionately, "I don't know what happened between you guys in high school, but Garroth mentioned that he kissed her once."

Airis' eyes shot wide open, frantically writing something down in her notebook, "Did Uncle Garroth like Aphmau a lot back in this 'high school'?" She wrote and showed it to Zane and Aaron.

"Yeah, but he was still a kid. He didn't understand feelings of love like that just yet." Zane answered.

"Ugh, don't remind me." Aaron groaned, "I--"

"THE VOLCANO'S ABOUT TO ERUPT, I'M FEELING IT! I'M GONNA PUKE!" Aphmau shouted, her face a bright and sickly shade of green before running off to find a trash can to puke into.

"That's the passion of hula dancing. Embrace it!" Garroth shouted following her as she puked up everything in her stomach.

"No, Aph! Don't puke on the desert table!" Zane shouted rushing to save the sweets from being ruined.