Airis' Sick Day

It wasn't the first time Airis felt sick like this. Nope. But the last time she fell sick with a fever like this, was when she felt all that pain.

"Airis?" A voice called her from her sleep. Airis slowly opened her eyes, her blurred vision barely making out Aphmau and Aaron who stood over her as she lay in bed. 

"Aphmau? Aaron?" She asked, trying to sit up in bed, but she felt too sleepy to do it. 

"Hey, take it easy, sweetie." Aphmau said, helping the girl sit up in bed.

Aphmau placed her hand on the girl's forehead, her skin still warm from the fever.

"She's still a little warm." Aphmau sighed. Aaron gave Airis the thermometer, setting it under her tongue for the next few minutes.

"I'm getting a little worried, Aaron. Shouldn't the medicine be breaking the fever by now?" 

"It's only been two days, Aph. Some fevers can last a little while. We just need to wait it out, the medicine will help her fight it off." Aaron assured. He heard the thermometer beep and took it from Airis' mouth, sighing in relief at the temperature it was on now.

"See, what'd I tell you? Her fever went down to a lower temperature. She's gonna be fine." Aaron said, making Aphmau feel much better. They turned back to Airis to give her medicine, but they saw that she fell back to sleep sitting up.

They decided to leave her alone so she could rest for a little bit, then give her her medicine when she woke up again. After leaving her room, Aaron and Aphmau went downstairs, Lucinda, who had come a little while ago, sat on the couch with a worried expression as she read one of her magic books.

"Is she feeling any better?" Lucinda asked.

"Her fever went down a little bit. She'll be just fine." Aaron said.

"That's good. I was worried when you told me that she got sick. But it's weird."

"What's weird?" Aphmau asked.

"Well, the potions fell all over Zane and Airis, so the effects should've been the same for her. But Zane turned into a baby while Airis stayed the same, only getting a fever as a result."

"Maybe the potions work differently on other people?" Aaron suggested.

"Maybe. Not even my mom has an answer for this one. But, I think I can make a potion to help her out. It should help with the fever."

"Thanks, Lucinda, that means a lot." 

Lucinda left to make a potion to help Airis with her fever, leaving Aphmau and Aaron to watch over the girl as she recovered. 

~~~~~

The sky was dark, that much she could see from the skylight in her cold room. It was one the greater things about being trapped there. She could at least see the stars like she would always do with her parents.

It was one of her break days. The only day where she could really rest and take in the night sky, but the next day would be a double day. And it would be a really bad one, too.

"I wonder what color it will be this time?" Airis wondered to herself.

"It is best not to think about the pain of the future, but the happiness you will soon thrive upon." Airis felt a hand upon her head, and when she looked up, Airis could see their face again.

"Oh, it's you again." Airis said with a small smile, "What are you doing here?"

"I came to help you." They said, "I know you believe that escape is impossible, but there is a way for you to do so."