It's Time...

After packing up whatever they needed for the camping trip on the island, Aaron, Aphmau and Airis started their hike up to Phoenix Peak, one of the most beautiful places at Starlight Wonderland. Of course, they let their friends and family know that they were going to a remote location and wished for privacy. They even turned their phones off so that they wouldn't be interrupted on their family camping trip.

Airis couldn't wait to see the view, since Aaron and Terry described as so beautiful from the top. She had been giddy and smiling non-stop since they started hiking up the hills.

She hadn't seen a sunset alone with her parents since Love~Love Paradise, and she didn't think anything could top that one moment. Just then, she heard them stop and looked back to see her parents standing together, her mother looking tired.

"You okay, Babe?" Aaron asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Aphmau said smiling, "I feel better. Just a little exhausted. I feel like I'm slowing getting my strength back, though."

Airis sighed in relief releasing the tight grip she had on her backpack straps, "Thank goodness. I was worried that the healing spells weren't working as well."

"You don't need to worry about that, Airis. Your magic is working fine. It's getting stronger and much more precise with your wishes and commands."

Airis smiled and joined her parents, "That's good, Mama." She said excitedly.

"That must mean that your body's slowly adjusting to the changes." Aaron added.

"Maybe."

"Still, I think we should rest for a minute. I'd rather you rest before we make it to the hill."

Aphmau's eyes went wide and her jaw dropped when Aaron mentioned a hill, something she wasn't sure that her body could handle in its current condition.

"We have to climb?" She asked in a shaky tone.

"A bit." Aaron chuckled, "This is the place I was telling you about a while ago. And there are a few obstacles along the way to get there. You'll need your strength to get through them."

"Yeah... let's sit." Aphmau agreed and the three found a nice shady place to rest for a little bit. Airis reaching into her bag and pulled out a banana before pealing it and splitting the fruit in half, giving one half to Aphmau.

"Go ahead, Mama. I heard a while back that bananas can help give you energy." She smiled. Aphmau chuckled and took the half of the banana from her daughter, finishing it off in only a few bites.

When she finished her fruit, Aphmau looked up at Aaron nervously.

"Aaron?" She called out.

"Yeah?" He answered.

"I never asked... but, did you feel this, too? The pain?"

Aaron thought for a moment, "No, not really. I was born with it, just not the ears and tail. Then, when my ears and tail did come in, well, I didn't even feel them."

"It didn't hurt at all?"

"Yeah. Daniel even told me that he once saw my ears in high school. But I didn't even realize. Then.... after everything that happened, they're just always there."

"It's not surprising, Papa." Airis said licking the leftover banana from her fingertips, "An Ultima that's forced to hide himself doesn't always come out with his ears and tail visible to them."

Aaron and Aphmau were surprised by this, staring at their daughter with curious and shocked eyes.

"What are you talking about, Airis?" Aphmau asked.