Caverns and Fear

Airis continued to lay on Aaron's lap as Tatiana continued to warm him up. And while she was doing that, Aphmau was glaring at her nonstop. Airis could feel Aphmau being slightly jealous, seeing as her boyfriend and daughter's father was being warmed up by another woman.

"He's warming up." Tatiana said as Aaron groaned, "Are you awake?"

"Papa?" Airis asked, but Aaron was still asleep.

"Still needing more rest. I understand." Tatiana said, "You lost a lot of strength doing what you did. I still don't understand why you chose to do such a thing."

Aphmau grunted while glaring.

"You're still staring at me."

"No, I'm not." Aphmau said.

"You are, Mama." Airis said.

"Your gaze is as bright as fire." Tatiana stated.

"That's not it! I just--!"

"A gaze like an Alpha. Much like your daughter here."

"Huh?"

"Something about your eyes. It's... like and Alpha. Much like the little one here."

"What do you man?" Aphmau asked.

"Are you... by chance a wolf?"

"Ah... I thought it was past me long ago." Aphmau grumbled, "No, I'm not. But I've had experiences with werewolves. So if my gaze reminds you of a wolf, then it's because of that."

"I see." Tatiana said and nodded.

"Mama may not be a werewolf, but she's very sweet and actually likes werewolves. Unlike a lot of people." Airis said, but frowned at the thought of people hating werewolves, mainly for reasons that have been put on her.

"Is she truly?" Tatiana asked, and Airis nodded.

"I mean, she didn't have to take me in, but she did even though I'm a werewolf orphan. I think that's more than sweet to me."

Everyone in the cave stayed silent for a moment before Aphmau broke it.

"So, you're friend with the wolves here, aren't you?" Aphmau asked.

"I am." Tatiana answered, "You seem rather calm about it."

"I've heard rumors about the wolves around here, but like I've said I've befriended many werewolves, and my daughter is a werewolf so the word wolf doesn't scare me as much as it would a normal human."

"That's good." Tatiana looked outside the cave after hearing the wolves she knew howling outside. She let Aaron go to walk to the entrance of the cave while Aphmau went over to Aaron to see if he was all right.

"Aaron, please. Wake up." Aphmau begged, but Aaron was still too cold to move, much less wake up.

Tatiana listened to the howls of her fellow wolves and gasped when she understood what they were telling her.

"No... I though I had more time."

Just then, Aphmau came to see what was wrong.

"What's going on?" She asked.

"We need him to wake up."

"Why? What's the matter?" Airis asked, "Is it the wolves?"

"Our Alpha is coming. If he finds him here, he'll hurt him."

Tatiana ran back to Aaron and tried to wake him up, but he wouldn't budge. Airis wanted to help her father, but if she used her magic then and there, they would know. And if the Alpha of Tatiana's wolf pack was who she thought he was.... things were just beginning to get dangerous.