Aphmau the Bride

Aaron looked at Aphmau with wide eyes, hoping that Aphmau didn't hear his and Sylvanna's conversation.

"What's going on here?" Aphmau asked, confused by seeing her mom and Aaron together.

"Ah! Mija! It's so good to see you!" Sylvanna greeted happily as if nothing was wrong.

"Hey, Mom! I wasn't expecting you here. What's up?"

"Oh! I was just 'Wedding' around for you." Sylvanna stretched out the word wedding, giving a very obvious hint while Aaron growled under his breath.

"What did you say, Mom?" Aphmau asked.

"Hahahahaha! I said that I was waiting around for you." Aaron growled again.

"Aaron? Are you okay? Where's Airis?"

"You do look a little 'Groomy'." 

"Sylvanna!" Aaron growled.

"Can I get you some medicine, Aaron?" Aphmau asked.

"I'm fine, Aphmau. We should really unpack these groceries. Here let me help you!" Aaron said quickly. Airis chuckled at the scene and ran back down the stairs, appearing behind Aphmau.

"Mama's home!" She shouted, pretending like she didn't hear a single thing that went on. Aphmau happily turned around and picked her daughter up in her arms smiling ear to ear.

"Well, hello there, Airis! Were you good for Aaron while I was gone?"

"Mhmm!" Airis answered and saw a large box by the groceries, "Mama, what's that box for?" 

"Oh, it's a surprise for tonight at midnight." Aphmau giggled and went into the kitchen to start unpacking the groceries, sitting Airis on the counter while she handed Aphmau the groceries one by one as Aaron and Sylvanna came in to help as well.

"Sooo, Mom." Aphmau said, "What really brings you over? I know you didn't just come over to help me unpack the groceries."

Sylvanna laughed, "All right, you caught me. I actually came here to invite you, Aaron and Airis to mine and Eric's annual neighborhood New Year's party."

"Annual...?" Aphmau questioned.

"Don't question it, Mama." Airis said handing her a box of fruit to put away.

"Nieta is right! And it's guaranteed to be a 'bouquet' of fun." Once again, Aaron growled at Sylvanna's word play.

"You wanna go, Aaron?" Aphmau asked.

"Oh! Y-yeah. Of course!"

"What about you, Airis?"

"Yeah!" Airis cheered.

"Then it's settled. We're in."

"Oh good! Hm... Oh! These chips look good! What Isle did you have to walk down to get these, Mija?"

"Uhh... the chip isle."

"Fascinating..." Sylvanna stared at Aaron as she said that.

"But if you want to stick around for a bite to eat, I'm going to be making a chicken salad for lunch!"

"Ah! What kind of dress-ing do you have for it. I want to make sure before I commit to anything."

Airis senses the tension in the air and coughed to gain Sylvanna's attention.

"Abuela, it's already half past noon. For a big party, shouldn't you be going to get the house ready? Want everything to be perfect, right?"

"Yeah, Aphmau, Airis and I can come over to your house later and talk about the party." Aaron agreed, clenching his teeth tightly.