123

Lisa

One look at my beautiful girlfriend when she opened the door tempted me for a night in. Boots as black as her hair - fuck, the tease wore it in a ponytail - a white cropped shirt, and a flowing light blue skirt begged for me to wrap those endless, shapely legs around my waist screamed for me to take her back upstairs. Instead, cotton-mouthed and eyes bulging, I blurted out, "Move in with me."

Her hand braced the door frame, and her mouth dropped. "You're crazy. Is this because of the baby thing? Because I am saving..."

"No." My hand found hers, which I brought to my lips for a promising kiss. "It's a move-in with me because I want it thing."

A month before we broke ground for the rehab centre, our relationship filled a void I didn't even know existed. Jennie was already at my house more than she wasn't. I cleared half the closet for her two spare outfits here and stocked the second bathroom counter with the basics. Changing my bedding before we slept in my bed was a no-brainer, but I would've changed every piece of furniture if she wanted. And I damned well made sure to go through every bathroom, dresser, and kitchen drawer, thankfully not finding any more Kendall reminders.

The paparazzi had a field day when I showed up for training camp with my hand holding Jennie's. Not that I cared, but I reassured her with a copy of Nancy's press statement confirming that we were exclusive. Bambam's bullshit soundbite that he matched us up was unnecessary, although it earned him points with Mina. He was probably up to a negative ten thousand.

"What about Indigo?" Her eyes dipped down to the blue eyes begging behind the baby gates. "She's..."

"Her too." My yard already had an eight-foot wood privacy fence. Jennie didn't know, but I ordered custom dog doors and scheduled them to be installed whenever the fuck she said yes.

"I live closer to the stadium." I teased.

The fiery look building in her eyes showed she didn't believe my weak argument. "And when we're on the road?"

"I'll hire a dog walker. Fuck, I'll send her to the most expensive overnight doggy day-care." For added persuasion, I pressed my lips against the side of her neck. Fuck, she wore that summery perfume I liked. "Say yes."

"I..." Her pulse hummed beneath the skin between us, prompting my hand around the back of her neck.

"Say yes, Jennie." We both knew I would be disappointed but patient if she wasn't ready. But asking her to be my girlfriend was seamless, so...

"Yes." She cupped her hands over her mouth.

I pulled my head back to verify that I heard that, but her lips met mine. Warm and sweet, she tasted like the cherry-flavoured gloss I never got tired of smudging and removing from her. A rush of excitement turned the kiss hot, wet, and a show for Jackson's neighbours.

"Mmm..." she hummed a soft whimper when I teased her lower lip with a glide of my tongue. Heat flushed under my skin and pushed for closer contact. My hands found her ass, and I pulled her body flush with mine. "Unless you want to finish this on my bed..."

"You're right. A promise is a promise." Her words sobered me right up. One awful night when we attempted to sleep in her kid-sized bed, where I ended up on the floor within ten minutes, was not where we needed to be tonight. "Let's go, dancing queen."