Chapter 103

Team Kakashi was called and Y/n attended the meeting too, being part of Team Kakashi. But stayed behind. She was walking the team to the gates all while Naruto complaining.

“Yo Naruto…. How’s your training going..?,” Shikamaru’s voice called out from ahead.

“It was suspended for a mission,” Naruto replied.

“Hi Shika!,” Y/n greeted.

“Huh? You’re going on a mission like that Y/n?,” Shikamaru asked.

“Nope. I’m not going. They are. I’m just tagging along till the gate. I gotta go to hospital for my shift later,” Y/n answered.

“Ino, are you guys heading out too?,” Sakura asked.

“That’s right… All of us for the first time in a while…,” Ino replied.

“All of you are together!,” a voice was heard and everyone turned to it. It was Konohamaru with his team.

“Konohamaru…,” Naruto said. 

“You’ve got a mission Naruto nii-chan?,” Konohamaru asked.

“You can say that… What? Looking for cats again?,” Naruto asked. Konohamaru confirmed by holding a cat up for everyone to see.

Konohamaru’s team went to report to Lady Tsunade. That’s when Naruto found out that Asuma sensei is Konohamaru’s uncle. Naruto was surprised. Turns out Ino and Choji didn’t know either despite being on a team.

“Oh right. I keep forgetting that,” Y/n said.

“What? Y/n you knew?!,” Ino asked.

“Yes. I did ask around about all our sensei’s and strong and famous ninjas of the Leaf. So I knew about it,” Y/n replied casually.

“What?! That’s not fair! We were on the same team, yet we didn’t know about it!,” Ino argued.

“I didn’t get to know that from Asuma-sensei himself. I asked Guy-sensei about the other sensei’s. They were friends since academy or something. You could have asked him or someone else like I did,” Y/n answered.

“Ugh…,” Ino couldn’t argue to that.

Naruto and Asuma-sensei talked about Naruto’s training and Naruto ran off ahead, full of enthusiasm. Sakura and Sai following.

Ino called Y/n and told her about the flowers Asuma-sensei wanted to give Kurenai-sensei and asked for a favour.

“Leave it to me! Cupid Y/n will make Kurenai-sensei swoon over Asuma-sensei!,” Y/n grinned. Asuma-sensei was talking to Captain Yamato.

Naruto’s voice was heard from the gates. Captain Yamato left to join them. “Bye guys! See you all after the mission!,” Y/n shouted, waving at them.

“Huh? You’re not going till the gates now?,” Asuma-sensei asked.

“Don’t you have flowers to be delivered? I hear you weren’t able to get the chance so I’ll deliver them for you! If you have any message to go with the flowers then tell me now,” Y/n said.

“No. You don’t need to do that,” Asuma-sensei said.

“No. I would love to! Tell me right now or I’ll say your message is ‘I love you Kurenai’,” Y/n threa- insisted with a smile that didn’t reach her eyes.

“N-No. Just tell me that I’m sorry I couldn’t give them to her personally because of the sudden mission,” Asuma-sensei replied with a blush, scratching his head.

Shikamaru sighed, “Did you really have to threaten sensei over this? You’re really nosy.”

“What! Of course! Do you know how happy Kurenai-sensei will be to get the flowers! Especially when I tell her. Asuma-sensei send these flowers before leaving. That means he was still thinking about her! That’ll make her happy!,” Y/n argued.

“R-Really?,” Asuma-sensei asked with a deeper blush now.

“Of course! What if Kurenai-sensei was going on a mission but sent a gift to you right before leaving? Wouldn’t that make you more happy? That she was still thinking about you before leaving for a mission?,” Y/n asked. Sensei nodded.

“Okay! I’ll go now! I have flowers to deliver!,” Y/n ran away giggling.

Getting the flowers from the Yamanaka shop Y/n immediately went to visit Kurenai-sensei. “Knock. Knock! Delivery!” Y/n shouted gleefully knocking the door.

“Coming,” Kurenai’s voice came from the inside. Moments later the door opened.

“Oh Y/n,” Kurenai was surprised.

“These are for you,” Y/n grinned holding out the bouquet of flowers.

“Huh? Why…?,” Kurenai was confused.

“They are from Asuma-sensei! Ah~ He really loves you very much! He had to go on a sudden mission so I came to deliver these,” Y/n said. Kurenai sensei smiled with pink cheeks.

“Hehe. He had a similar blush on his face too you know,” Y/n teased. Kurenai began smelling the flowers to hide her face.

“Quit teasing Y/n,” Kurenai said.

“But it’s true! Oh! I almost forgot! Asuma-sensei sent a message too,” Y/n remembered.

“What is it?,” Kurenai asked looking at her.

“’I am sorry I couldn’t bring the flowers personally due to the sudden mission’ is what he said,” Y/n replied.

“Make sure he makes up for it when he’s back! I’ve done my job here so I’m gonna go! Later sensei!,” Y/n said.

“You should come in and have some tea,” Kurenai said.

“No, it’s fine. I have to go on duty. Don’t want to be late or the Head Nurse will scold me like last time,” Y/n laughed waving her hand.

“Okay. Thank you for delivering these,” Kurenai said with a smile, going inside.

“Hehe. I’m glad I could do this! I’ll tease sensei later,” Y/n spoke to herself, going for her shift.

A few days later…
Y/n was working in the hospital when she came across Sai and Sakura at the reception desk. “Hey guys! Woah Sai! What happened to your hand?!,” Y/n asked surprised.

Sai told her what happened during the mission as they walked to a room and started checking and healing him. Y/n nodded along to show she was listening, reacting to various things in between.

“Wow. That was quite an adventure. Not sure if I want to be a part of that though,” Y/n chuckled.

“Did you get faster at healing?,” Sakura asked.

“Of course I did. I’m Y/n, after all. I also did a surgery alone! Though Dr Yuuto was there to guide me if I did something wrong along with the other medics! It was super scary but… I guess I had fun. I’m glad it went well,” Y/n answered.

“I did hear that from other nurses. We had not gone on a mission then,” Sakura replied.

“Oh. I must have gotten it mixed up then. Anyway! I helped Asuma-sensei delivery flower to Kurenai-sensei! Bet they are a thing now,” Y/n began gossiping.

“Huh? Really? That’s nice,” Sakura said.

“Um..,” Sai looked a bit confused. Confused how these two are getting along just fine.

“Oh sorry. We totally forgot about you,” Y/n chuckled.

“Yeah…,” Sakura said scratching her head.

“Y/n you can go for your lunch break. There aren’t any patient now,” a nurse popped her head in. Y/n nodded.

“Okay. I’m done here. You rest for a few days. Later!,” Y/n said carelessly and walked away. The two staring after her.

--------------------------------

Hey guys! How's you been? What do you think about this chapter? Interesting? No? I hope you do like it though! Thank you for reading! See ya next time!
Take care 😘 Love you my babies 💕 Hugs for you ʕ⁠っ⁠•⁠ᴥ⁠•⁠ʔ⁠っ Have a great day ahead 😊