Chapter 64

(Shippuden episode 21)

“What’s wrong, Granny Chiyo? Are you so filled with emotions that you cannot speak?,” Sasori asked and waited for a reply, receiving none.

“That’s not surprising. After all, it’s our first reunion in 20 years,” Sasori continued.

“Sasori you…,” Lady Chiyo muttered.
“While I’m at it, I’ll show you something special,” Sasori said and a scroll slid down his sleeve.

“It’s guaranteed to move you. A collection that gave me a hard time trying to kill it, but… That’s why I like this best of all,” Sasori said, opening the scroll and running chakra through it, summoning whatever was sealed inside.

A huge poof of smoke appeared, obscuring our vision. “T-That… It couldn’t be!,” Lady Chiyo said in a shocked voice.

“What? What’s wrong?!,” Sakura asked.

As the smoke cleared away, we got a glimpse of what was summoned. It was a puppet. “That’s… the Third Kazekage…,” Lady Chiyo answered.

My eyes widened at that. ‘He is strong enough to kill a Kage?! Can we really beat him?! I wish Shika was here! Ugh..! I need to focus and come up with a plan!’ I thought.

“What?,” Sakura gasped.

“The Third… Kazekage?,” Sakura asked, shock evident in her voice.

Sasori laughed, “How about it? Doesn’t that take you back, Granny Chiyo?”

“How could this have happened?,” Lady Chiyo questioned.

“It was over 10 years ago that the Third Kazekage suddenly disappeared from the village. We scoured the countryside, but we were never able to find him. He was the most powerful of all the Kazekage’s, but… Sasori, you..?,” Granny Chiyo said.

“And so what if I did? Do you mean to say that a retired old lady with one foot in the grave is about to avenge the Third Kazekage? Tough luck…,” Sasori said.

“Retired, with one foot in the grave. That may be so, but it was worth hauling my heavy body over here. I’d have too many regrets if I were to die now. It’s bad enough that my grandson got himself mixed up with the bad crowd… but to think you’ll betray the village and try to meddle with the Kazekage, for the third time!,” Lady Chiyo said.

“Third time?,” Sakura and I asked at the same time.

“It was Orochimaru who killed Gaara’s father, the Fourth Kazekage, but… the one who guided them was Sasori!,” Lady Chiyo said.

“Wait- But didn’t Orochimaru deflect Akatsuki before that?,” I asked, confused as I vaguely remembered hearing something like that, somewhere.

Lady Chiyo shook her head, “This time, Gaara and even the Third Kazekage…”

“Hey, Hey. I don’t know anything about the Fourth Kazekage. The one who guided them was my subordinate,” Sasori said.

“In that case, it’s the same as if you did it yourself. Can you really say that you were not involved?,” Lady Chiyo asked.