Chapter 60

(Shippuden episode 16)

We continued running but suddenly I heard something from ahead. I lifted my head to see ahead and then I heard it clearly. Naruto was breathing heavily.

“Naruto-kun! Are you okay?,” I asked concerned.

“I’m fine,” Naruto replied.

Frowning I ran besides him and held his hand, passing chakra to him and healing him slightly. Startled Naruto looked at me and I continued to frown.

I heard a whisper from behind. It was Lady Chiyo asking Sakura if Naruto and I were together. I realised I was still holding Naruto’s hand and released it, blushing slightly and moving a bit backwards.

As the night was approaching and sky was orange with last light of the day, Kakashi-sensei suddenly shouted, “Stop!”

We stopped in front of him and turned to him. “What is it, Kakashi-sensei?,” Naruto asked.

“We’re going to take a short break here,” Kakashi-sensei replied.

“That’s a wise decision,” Lady Chiyo commented.

Naruto ran up to Kakashi-sensei and asked, “Why?! You’re the one who said we don’t have time! If we waste time taking a break here, Gaara will be..!”

“Compared to right before we encountered the fake Itachi our pace has clearly slowed,” Kakashi-sensei pointed out.

“He’s absolutely right,” Sakura said.

“If we rest up here, ultimately we will reach our destination faster. And tomorrow we might end up fighting the guys… who took Gaara. It’s best if we are at full strength,” Kakashi-sensei reasoned.

‘Now is my chance..’ I thought.

“Fine,” Naruto nodded.

“Hmph! Either way it’s no use. I’m going to sleep. Later,” I said, walking past them.

But Naruto grabbed my wrist. “What did you say?!,” Naruto growled looking angry.

I rolled my eyes. “Were you deaf? I’m going to sleep. Bye,” I said trying to pull my hand away but Naruto held it tightly and it hurt my wrist slightly.

“How dare you! If anything happens to Gaara it would be your fault! Don’t think I forgot how you didn’t help us in the fight!,” Naruto shouted.

“Uh huh. If you wanted another person to help you then you could have asked your precious ‘Sakura-chan’. But wait ‘I don’t want my precious Sakura-chan to get hurt. What do I do? Let’s have Y/n fight of course’. Maybe you think Sakura is so weak that you asked for my help instead of hers,” I mocked.

“Don’t you dare say that! I would never want you to get hurt either! And Sakura-chan isn’t weak and you know that! It had to be you because you use Earth Style! Because you use Military Movement Jutsu much better and could have caught Itachi off guard!,” Naruto said angry laced in his tone as his grip on my hand tightened even more.

I almost winced at the grip but managed to my face blank. I pulled my wrist using chakra quickly. Rolling my eyes as I walked away, “Yeah. Right. As if I care. Don’t disturb me unless we have to leave.”

3rd POV

Y/n walked away, leaving everyone shocked at her behaviour. Kakashi followed after Y/n to talk to her. “Y/n,” Kakashi called out.

Y/n glanced back and waited for him, turning to face him. “What?,” Y/n asked.

“Y/n why are you acting weirdly? Did Itachi tell you to do this?,” Kakashi asked.